    changes is if I 'combine and decode' files; then the default changes to
    wherever I send the decoded files. Can anyone tell me how to permanently
    set the default to the desktop? Thank you.

    Puzzled, Apr 13, 2004

  2. Puzzled

    °Mike° Guest

    Use something other than a Microsoft product.

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:44:45 -0400, in
    <c5gqt8$1gge1$-berlin.de>
    Puzzled scrawleE:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Apr 13, 2004

  3. Puzzled

    Cassie Guest

    Why do you do this, Mike?
    Does anyone else have a suggestion to fix the problem?

    Cassie, Apr 13, 2004
  4. Puzzled

    °Mike° Guest

    Why do I do what?

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 21:41:22 GMT, in
    <68Zec.32582$>
    Cassie scrawleE:

    °Mike°, Apr 13, 2004
  5. Puzzled

    Scrote Guest

    Puzzled wrote:
    >> Whenever I save an attachment, the default destination is 'My
    >> Documents'. But I want all attachments to be saved to the desktop so
    >> I can scan them all at once and then decide where to place them. The
    >> only way this default changes is if I 'combine and decode' files;
    >> then the default changes to wherever I send the decoded files. Can
    >> anyone tell me how to permanently set the default to the desktop?
    >> Thank you.

    1. Why not create a "My received files &/or attachments" folder in My
    Docs, with a sub folder for archiving once used? They are all lumped in
    one place for backup or transfer if you have a problem or upgrade.
    2.If however you wish to carry on with your present system, then when
    the download option screen (Save Open Cancel)or save attachment
    screen(Save Cancel) appears use dropdown system box to select desktop in
    the "save to" area. The system will(or should) remember this next time
    you save something.
    HTH
    Tony
    --
    I used to be indecisive but now, I'm not so sure.

    Scrote, Apr 14, 2004