    then "ok" twice.

    Any suggestions??

    D.

    Damos, May 18, 2006

  2. On Thu, 18 May 2006 20:32:58 +1200, Damos <> wrote:

    >I own an HL 5170 which comes with duplex printing and I wonder if its
    >possible to change
    >the default settings such that all printing is double sided by default
    >rather than the current
    >arrangement which has me clicking on printer properties each time and
    >ticking the duplex box
    >then "ok" twice.

    You didn't specify what OS you were running, but in Windows 2000/XP,
    if you go into Control Panel, then Printers (Printers & Faxes), and go
    into properties on your printer and change the printing defaults
    there, they usually become a system wide default.

    --
    Kristofer Clayton (KJClayton)
    Gisborne, New Zealand

    Kristofer Clayton, May 18, 2006

  3. Damos

    Damos Guest

    On Thu, 18 May 2006 21:09:29 +1200, Kristofer Clayton <>
    wrote:

    Thanks, that worked a treat...should save alot of paper as I print alot of
    text articles.
    (also right to assume XP or similar)
    Its a little thing which has been nugging me for a while!!

    Thanks again.

    D.

    Damos, May 18, 2006
  4. Damos

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Damos <> wrote in news:eek:p.s9qrnznq2an4t6@andrew-orac:

    > Thanks, that worked a treat...should save alot of paper as I print
    > alot of text articles.
    > (also right to assume XP or similar)
    > Its a little thing which has been nugging me for a while!!

    If you share the printer, you do the same thing, but it is Properties,
    advanced tab, Printing Defaults button. Changes there are for the SHARE
    and are propogated to the clients.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, May 19, 2006