    makes it much harder for me to look through the list.

    TIA,
    Brian

    Brian Dude, Jan 14, 2009

  2. Brian Dude

    John Doe Guest

    Brian Dude <> wrote:

    > Hello, I just upgraded to version 3.0.5 from version 2.something.
    > Is there any way to get the location bar to just display the url?
    > I really don't like having the site title in a larger font above
    > the url. It makes it much harder for me to look through the list.

    You probably know this already, and it's not what you are asking about,
    but here is a related setting.
    about:config
    browser.urlbar.maxRichResults
    That increases the number of displayed URLs.

    Maybe somebody else knows. Good luck.

    John Doe, Jan 14, 2009

  3. Brian Dude wrote:
    > Hello, I just upgraded to version 3.0.5 from version 2.something. Is
    > there any way to get the location bar to just display the url? I really
    > don't like having the site title in a larger font above the url. It
    > makes it much harder for me to look through the list.
    >
    > TIA,
    > Brian

    maybe I'm missing something: what "site title in a
    larger font above the url"? Can you post a screenshot
    somewhere?

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jan 14, 2009
  4. Brian Dude

    John Doe Guest

    <> wrote:

    > Brian Dude wrote:

    >> don't like having the site title in a larger font above the url. It
    >> makes it much harder for me to look through the list.

    > maybe I'm missing something: what "site title in a
    > larger font above the url"?

    I think he is talking about the drop-down list.

    John Doe, Jan 14, 2009
  5. Brian Dude

    Rom Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 16:42:18 -0500, Brian Dude wrote:

    > Hello, I just upgraded to version 3.0.5 from version 2.something. Is
    > there any way to get the location bar to just display the url? I really
    > don't like having the site title in a larger font above the url. It
    > makes it much harder for me to look through the list.

    Old Location Bar:
    <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7637>

    oldbar:
    <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6227>

    Awesome bar - one liner:
    <http://userstyles.org/styles/8606>

    Stylish:
    <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2108>

    --
    Rom

    Rom, Jan 15, 2009
  6. John Doe wrote:
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Brian Dude wrote:

    >>> don't like having the site title in a larger font above the url. It
    >>> makes it much harder for me to look through the list.

    >> maybe I'm missing something: what "site title in a
    >> larger font above the url"?

    > I think he is talking about the drop-down list.

    ahhh, then that changes everything. Put the following
    script in your userChrome.css file or into Stylish:

    @namespace
    url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);

    /*hide title*/

    #PopupAutoCompleteRichResult richlistitem .ac-title
    {display:none!important}

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jan 15, 2009
  7. Brian Dude

    Brian Dude Guest

    Rom wrote:
    > On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 16:42:18 -0500, Brian Dude wrote:
    >
    >> Hello, I just upgraded to version 3.0.5 from version 2.something. Is
    >> there any way to get the location bar to just display the url? I really
    >> don't like having the site title in a larger font above the url. It
    >> makes it much harder for me to look through the list.

    > Old Location Bar:
    > <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7637>
    >
    > oldbar:
    > <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6227>
    >
    > Awesome bar - one liner:
    > <http://userstyles.org/styles/8606>
    >
    > Stylish:
    > <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2108>

    Ahh, thank you for the "oldbar" link. That's what I was looking for!

    Brian Dude, Jan 15, 2009