    my certification, or should I stick with Prometric?

    Cheers

    Ben

    Ben, Mar 11, 2005

  2. Ben

    Briscobar Guest

    In news:%,
    Ben <> rambled:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've taken my last 5 exams with Thompson Prometric, the test centre
    > is about 30 miles away, however I've just found Pearson Vue have a
    > test centre less than a mile away. Is it a good idea to change test
    > venders 1/2 way through my certification, or should I stick with
    > Prometric?

    It makes no difference as far as your certs are concerned. If you're
    comfortable in Prometric's place, and it's not a problem to get threre,
    stick with it. But on the other hand, you may like Vue better. Personally, I
    like Vue, but that's only because it's closer....so there's the rub, I
    guess. Might as well try it out, and if you don't like it, go back to
    Prometric. The exams are no different, and MS doesn't care in which place
    you've taken them. So really, it's all about personal preference.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    www.mcngp.com is part of a balanced breakfast.

    Briscobar, Mar 11, 2005

  3. Ben

    molsonexpert Guest

    "Ben" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've taken my last 5 exams with Thompson Prometric, the test centre is

    about
    > 30 miles away, however I've just found Pearson Vue have a test centre less
    > than a mile away. Is it a good idea to change test venders 1/2 way through
    > my certification, or should I stick with Prometric?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Ben

    I've always preferred Vue. It shouldn't be a problem, but when you book the
    next exam, let them know you've tested elsewhere before. I seem to recall
    some problems in the past regarding the ID number, so make sure you use the
    existing one when you book.

    steve.

    molsonexpert, Mar 11, 2005
  4. Ben

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Briscobar" <> say in

    > The exams are no different, and MS doesn't care in which place
    > you've taken them.

    make sure you let Vue know that you have an MCP ID or you might wind up
    getting a new one and you will have to merge them later.

    I did find that the move from screen to screen was a little slower in the
    Vue exams vs Prometric. still, who cares, same test. Vue does have a few
    more discounts than Prometric appears to have. If you need a 15% off
    discount I have one (though I am not sure it will work in the US. Will
    work in Canada). no limit on how many can use it or how often. code is
    MSAU719D0F93 and will work till April.

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was going to blame you.

    Neil, Mar 11, 2005
  5. Ben

    Ben Guest

    > did you hear "Briscobar" <> say in
    >
    > > The exams are no different, and MS doesn't care in which place
    > > you've taken them.

    > make sure you let Vue know that you have an MCP ID or you might wind up
    > getting a new one and you will have to merge them later.
    >
    > I did find that the move from screen to screen was a little slower in the
    > Vue exams vs Prometric. still, who cares, same test. Vue does have a few
    > more discounts than Prometric appears to have. If you need a 15% off
    > discount I have one (though I am not sure it will work in the US. Will
    > work in Canada). no limit on how many can use it or how often. code is
    > MSAU719D0F93 and will work till April.
    >
    > --
    > Neil MCNGP#30
    >
    > - I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was going to blame you.

    Neil,

    Thats great, thanks a lot! I think I'll give VUE a try, the test centre is 2
    mins from where I live! Going to book 70-217 now!

    Ben

    Ben, Mar 12, 2005
  6. Ben

    Ben Guest

    Neil,

    Are you sure that code is correct? Just tried it and it doesn't work. Maybe
    its a one time only code?

    Ben

    Ben, Mar 12, 2005
  7. Ben

    Ben Guest

    Getcertify4less.com

    Now this is annoying. If I buy the MS Vue test voucer its $115 (£63), if I
    buy the one for the UK its $160 (£87), which is basically the same cost as
    normal.

    Will the cheaper voucher work in the UK? If not can I buy the prometric
    voucher, will that work in the UK?
    If not anyone got a voucher? :)

    Ben

    "Too tight to pay the full price!"

    Ben, Mar 12, 2005
  8. Ben

    catwalker63 Guest

    "Ben" <> prattled ceaslessly in

    > Neil,
    >
    > Are you sure that code is correct? Just tried it and it doesn't work.
    > Maybe its a one time only code?
    >
    > Ben

    >> did you hear "Briscobar" <> say in
    >>
    >> > The exams are no different, and MS doesn't care in which place
    >> > you've taken them.

    >> make sure you let Vue know that you have an MCP ID or you might wind
    >> up getting a new one and you will have to merge them later.
    >>
    >> I did find that the move from screen to screen was a little slower in
    >> the Vue exams vs Prometric. still, who cares, same test. Vue does
    >> have a few more discounts than Prometric appears to have. If you need
    >> a 15% off discount I have one (though I am not sure it will work in
    >> the US. Will work in Canada). no limit on how many can use it or how
    >> often. code is MSAU719D0F93 and will work till April.

    Are you in the US? He did mention that it might only work in Canada.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "Incredible! One of the worst performances of my career and they never
    doubted it for a second."

    catwalker63, Mar 13, 2005
  9. Ben

    catwalker63 Guest

    Re: Getcertify4less.com

    "Ben" <> prattled ceaslessly in

    > Now this is annoying. If I buy the MS Vue test voucer its $115 (£63),
    > if I buy the one for the UK its $160 (£87), which is basically the
    > same cost as normal.
    >
    > Will the cheaper voucher work in the UK? If not can I buy the
    > prometric voucher, will that work in the UK?
    > If not anyone got a voucher? :)
    >
    > Ben
    >
    > "Too tight to pay the full price!"

    Buy the UK version.

    catwalker63, Mar 13, 2005
  10. Ben

    Neil Guest

    did you hear catwalker63 <> say in

    > Are you in the US? He did mention that it might only work in Canada.

    Yes, I did mention that. Sorry Ben, that's the way it works...

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Dear Lord, the gods have been good to me. As an offering, I present
    these milk and cookies. If you wish me to eat them instead, please give me
    no sign whatsoever... thy will be done (munch munch munch). - Homer Simpson

    Neil, Mar 13, 2005