    font annoys me. Doesn't matter what I do to change the fonts in word
    documents it doesnt make it easier to read because of the underlying font.

    Can anyone suggest how i can deal with this?
    Sam, Dec 12, 2003

  2. Sam

    Miro Guest

    "Sam" <> wrote in message
    news:3fda2a70$...
    > I have just got an old gateway solo 2500 laptop. It is in good order but

    the
    > font annoys me. Doesn't matter what I do to change the fonts in word
    > documents it doesnt make it easier to read because of the underlying font.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest how i can deal with this?

    Underlying font ? What the dickens is that ? I think the problem is with the
    operators knowledge of Word
    Miro, Dec 12, 2003

  3. Sam

    Chet Guest

    In Word, to change the font you select (as in drag the cursor across or
    "edit" "select all") the text you want to change then change the font.
    Merely changing the font selection at the top of the screen does nothing to
    the existing text unless you select it first.

    Chet, Dec 13, 2003
  4. Sam

    Guest

    On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 05:02:31 GMT, "Chet" <>
    wrote:

    >In Word, to change the font you select (as in drag the cursor across or
    >"edit" "select all") the text you want to change then change the font.
    >Merely changing the font selection at the top of the screen does nothing to
    >the existing text unless you select it first.
    >"Sam" <> wrote in message
    >> I have just got an old gateway solo 2500 laptop. It is in good order but

    >the
    >> font annoys me. Doesn't matter what I do to change the fonts in word
    >> documents it doesnt make it easier to read because of the underlying font.
    >>
    >> Can anyone suggest how i can deal with this?

    One should add .. If you change the font using the menu selection
    Format-Font, there is button at the bottom left to make that selection
    the default font.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem
    , Dec 13, 2003
  5. start>settings>control panel - display - appearance tab - advanced - click
    on window text, message text etc and change the font size... also selecting
    'icon' from the pulldown list will change a lot of the tiny text in
    applications, as well as your icons of course!

    Cheers, Jason (remove === to reply)

    Macrovision disablers
    http://gadgets.shorturl.com
    The Gadget Shop, Dec 15, 2003
  6. Sam

    Sam Guest

    The font i want to change is not the word document font. It is the font that
    appears when a new program is added and needs to be walked through. If there
    is quite a lot of text it is tedious to read with the current font.

    Sam, Dec 15, 2003
  7. The Gadget Shop, Dec 15, 2003