Changing SSH Port on Cisco Router

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Fred Atkinson, Feb 24, 2008.

  1. I was asked if it was possible to change the default port for
    SSH access to a Cisco router.

    Can that be done?

    Regards,



    Fred
     
    Fred Atkinson, Feb 24, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 19:36:44 -0500, Fred Atkinson
    <> wrote:

    > I was asked if it was possible to change the default port for
    >SSH access to a Cisco router.
    >
    > Can that be done?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    >
    >
    > Fred


    Try: ip ssh port <port number> rotary <0-99>

    It seems to work.

    Regards,



    Fred
     
    Fred Atkinson, Feb 24, 2008
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Fred Atkinson

    Merv Guest


    > Try: ip ssh port <port number> rotary <0-99>



    AFAIK that command is only for reverse ssh ( similiar to reverse
    telnet )
     
    Merv, Feb 24, 2008
    #3
  4. On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 14:31:02 -0800 (PST), Merv <>
    wrote:

    >
    >
    >> Try: ip ssh port <port number> rotary <0-99>

    >
    >
    >AFAIK that command is only for reverse ssh ( similiar to reverse
    >telnet )


    Well,

    I'm able to ssh into the new port from my computer.

    Regards,



    Fred
     
    Fred Atkinson, Feb 24, 2008
    #4
  5. Fred Atkinson

    Merv Guest

    On Feb 24, 5:34 pm, Fred Atkinson <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 14:31:02 -0800 (PST), Merv <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > >> Try: ip ssh port <port number> rotary <0-99>

    >
    > >AFAIK that command is only for reverse ssh ( similiar to reverse
    > >telnet )

    >
    > Well,
    >
    > I'm able to ssh into the new port from my computer.
    >


    interesting
     
    Merv, Feb 24, 2008
    #5
  6. On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 14:42:28 -0800 (PST), Merv <>
    wrote:

    >On Feb 24, 5:34 pm, Fred Atkinson <> wrote:
    >> On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 14:31:02 -0800 (PST), Merv <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> >> Try: ip ssh port <port number> rotary <0-99>

    >>
    >> >AFAIK that command is only for reverse ssh ( similiar to reverse
    >> >telnet )

    >>
    >> Well,
    >>
    >> I'm able to ssh into the new port from my computer.
    >>

    >
    >interesting


    I've since discovered that I can now SSH in through the
    standard port (22) or the new port.

    I wonder how I can block port 22 (short of putting up an
    access-list)? Is there any way to turn off SSH access to port 22?

    Regards,



    Fred
     
    Fred Atkinson, Feb 28, 2008
    #6
  7. Fred Atkinson

    Guest

    On Feb 28, 2:49 am, Fred Atkinson <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 14:42:28 -0800 (PST), Merv <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > >On Feb 24, 5:34 pm, Fred Atkinson <> wrote:
    > >> On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 14:31:02 -0800 (PST), Merv <>
    > >> wrote:

    >
    > >> >> Try:    ip ssh port <port number> rotary <0-99>

    >
    > >> >AFAIK that command is only for reverse ssh ( similiar to reverse
    > >> >telnet )

    >
    > >> Well,

    >
    > >>         I'm able to ssh into the new port from my computer.

    >
    > >interesting

    >
    >         I've since discovered that I can now SSH in through the
    > standard port (22) or the new port.  
    >
    >         I wonder how I can block port 22 (short of putting up an
    > access-list)?  Is there any way to turn off SSH access to port 22?  
    >
    >         Regards,
    >
    >                                         Fred


    You could use interface access lists.
     
    , Feb 28, 2008
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. David Smith
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    20,508
    David Smith
    May 30, 2004
  2. Mirko
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,733
    Mirko
    Jul 27, 2004
  3. Andrzej

    cisco router 3640, tacacs, ssh

    Andrzej, Mar 10, 2005, in forum: Cisco
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    628
    Andrzej
    Mar 10, 2005
  4. Michael

    port forward / port changing

    Michael, Jul 17, 2005, in forum: Cisco
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    582
    Michael
    Jul 17, 2005
  5. MooMetal

    Connecting 4 Port Router + Single Port Router

    MooMetal, Jan 29, 2009, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    592
    MooMetal
    Jan 29, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page