    it immediatey comes back with a message that the router is correctly
    installed and set to go. I am using a Motorola Surfboard SB4200 Cable Modem.
    Thanks for any suggestions.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGViZG9n?=, Sep 12, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?ZGViZG9n?=

    Malke Guest

    debdog wrote:

    > I previously installed a Microsoft Wireless Base Station (MN-500) and
    > Wireless Adapter to connect 2 desktops, but was unable to get the
    > network
    > functioning. Since then the older desktop has died and I now have a
    > laptop.
    > I also purchased a Belkin 802.11g router to use instead. What do I
    > need to
    > remove/disable in order to make this change? I disconnected the
    > router (which was never actually used) but if I try to install the
    > Belkin software it immediatey comes back with a message that the
    > router is correctly
    > installed and set to go. I am using a Motorola Surfboard SB4200 Cable
    > Modem.
    > Thanks for any suggestions.

    Well, can you get to the Internet with it? Start by attaching your
    laptop to the router wired. Turn off your modem and the router and the
    laptop. Wait about 30 seconds. Now turn on the modem, then the router,
    then the laptop. Can you access the Internet?

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Sep 13, 2005

  3. I'll give it a try. I just assumed that I needed some of the info from the
    Belkin installation disk in order for the router to function properly.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGViZG9n?=, Sep 13, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?ZGViZG9n?=

    Mike Fields Guest

    Something to keep in mind -- I have a friend in support at
    Comcast and she says they have had a number of problems
    when the wifi router is too close to the cable modem (she
    specifically mentioned the Surfboard modem). I think
    "too close" was something less than a couple of feet apart.

    mikey

    Mike Fields, Sep 17, 2005
  5. Thanks, mine are right next to each other so I'll move one.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGViZG9n?=, Sep 18, 2005