    This was possible with OE6 (Tools/Maintenance).

    Thanks

    Jim
    Jim, Dec 2, 2005

  2. On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 09:53:49 +0000, Jim wrote:

    > Hi
    > I would like to install Thunderbird as my email client instead of OE6. The
    > only thing is that I would like to change the thunderbird profile location
    > for Documents & Settings on C drive to D drive. Is this possible and if so
    > how do I do it?
    > This was possible with OE6 (Tools/Maintenance).
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jim

    Install Thunderbird but don't let it import anything.
    Go to Programs-Thunderbird-profile manager and set up a new profile in
    the Drive and Folder that you want. Open that one up, and import all your
    data. then go back to the profile manager and remove the default profile.

    HTH

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Ubuntu 5.10
    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Dec 2, 2005

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Worked a treat.
    Is it okay to delete the Thunderbird folder in Documents & Settings now?
    (Just to keep things tidy!)
    Your help was greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

    Regards

    Jim

    Jim, Dec 2, 2005