    Is there any way of changing the priority that an App runs at before you run
    it?

    , Jul 26, 2005

  2. Guest

    wrote:

    > I've found that when I run CPU intensive apps on occasion (Cooledit, Winlame)
    > everything else stalls in the user interface sense.
    >
    > Is there any way of changing the priority that an App runs at before you run
    > it?

    Either higher or lower... I was actually thinking of making Firefox run at a
    higher than normal priority by default. That would be nice....

    , Jul 26, 2005

  3. Mercury Guest

    open a command window and type in start /?
    this will tell you the parameters including the /low, /medium and /high
    priorities.

    try:
    start /low notepad.exe
    and then look in task manager - go to set the priority there and you will
    see it is low.

    notes:
    the foreground app runs with elevated priority
    do not use high if you can help it - it will hog CPU
    start the hog programs with /low instead

    Mercury, Jul 26, 2005