Changing Owner and Organization in Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Jim, May 15, 2008.

  1. Jim

    Jim Guest

    In SIW the "Operating System" page reports:

    Owner: Microsoft

    for my copy of Windows Ultimate 64-bit

    I have edited the Registry Key

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

    and they correctly report my name and my "company name" as I want them
    to be.

    I can not figure out where SIW is getting this information, but
    sometimes when installing new programs they think the Owner is
    Microsoft and the Organization is Microsoft.

    I did a search of the entire Registry for "Owner," but I was
    unsuccessful.

    Is there *another* key, other than

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

    (where everything is correct in my machine)

    which lists the Owner and Organization of Windows?

    Thank you! :)

    Jim

    Jim, May 15, 2008

  2. Jim

    Jane C Guest

    Hi Jim,

    Yes, there is one other place on x64 Vista:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion

    In there, mine was still showing Microsoft as RegisteredOrganization and
    RegisteredOwner! I've just changed it :)

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    MVP - Windows Desktop Experience

    Jane C, May 15, 2008

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    On May 15, 7:06 am, "Jane C" <> wrote:
    > Hi Jim,
    >
    > Yes, there is one other place on x64 Vista:
    >
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    >
    > In there, mine was still showing Microsoft as RegisteredOrganization and
    > RegisteredOwner!  I've just changed it :)
    >
    > "Jim" <> wrote in message

    Hi Jane,

    Thank you! I'll fix that!

    BTW, I've always loved your little signature line. I wish we were
    *all* 64-bit enabled. <g>

    Jim

    Jim, May 15, 2008
  4. Jim

    Jim Guest

    On May 15, 10:21 am, Jim <> wrote:

    Hi Jane,

    That's the place, and I fixed it; but you made a minor syntax error.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT
    \CurrentVersion

    You left off the "NT"

    It took me a while to find it.

    Thanks again!

    Have a *great* day! :)

    Jim

    Jim, May 15, 2008
  5. Jim

    Jane C Guest

    Ooops, sorry about that. Time for new reading glasses for me :)

    Glad you're all sorted now.

    Jane C, May 15, 2008
  6. Jim

    Jim Guest

    On May 15, 4:10 pm, "Jane C" <> wrote:
    > Ooops, sorry about that.  Time for new reading glasses for me :)
    >
    > Glad you're all sorted now.

    Jane,

    No problem. I would not have been able to fix it without your help.

    Now I have stored the key in a document in case I ever go through this
    again.

    Have a *great* day! :)

    Jim

    Jim, May 15, 2008