Changing order of preference of networks

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by 'Nel', Mar 10, 2010.

  1. 'Nel'

    'Nel' Guest

    I connect to the internet via my wireless network.

    Every night I connect my PDA to my computer to use Internet Sharing in order
    to connect to my work's portal so that I can print off my jobs for the next
    day, rather than reading them on the PDA's screen throughout the day.

    To get acces to the portal, I always have to disconnect the wireless
    connection, connect PDA and open up portal & print jobs (jobs wait in the
    print queue as wireless is off), disconnect PDA, reconnect to wireless,
    print off jobs..... then usually disconnect wireless again, re-connect PDA
    to alter ETA's etc (as it's much quicker on PC to do this than on the PDA).

    Ideally, what I would like is if the PDA's network connection took priority
    over the wireless connection - so that whenever the PDA was connected it
    would route through the portal, and I wouldn't get "this page could not be
    displayed" as it tried to access portal pages over the normal internet.
    (Hope that all makes sense!)

    Is it possible to do this?

    TIA

    'Nel', Mar 10, 2010