    Lionel Guest

    How do you change a class C network to a class B one?

    Can anyone help, please?
    Lionel, Apr 20, 2004

  2. Lionel

    Guest Guest

    change the ip adress

    Guest, Apr 20, 2004

  3. Lionel

    Hired Goon Guest

    "Lionel" <> wrote in message
    > How do you change a class C network to a class B one?
    >
    > Can anyone help, please?

    Your answer can be found here.
    http://www.geocities.com/technofundo/tech/misc/abcofip.html

    I have a question for you, Network Classes and IP's are part of the
    foundation of every networking book and course, what are you doing playing
    with these settings? Please don't tell me you're the LAN admin.
    Hired Goon, Apr 20, 2004
  4. Lionel

    Andy Foster Guest

    "Lionel" <> wrote in message
    > How do you change a class C network to a class B one?
    >
    > Can anyone help, please?

    What exactly are you trying to do? And why?
    Andy Foster, Apr 20, 2004
  5. Lionel

    Lionel Guest

    *Tsk*

    Clue's in the question, innit??

    Why am i doing it? Why not?? Got a bit of time on my
    hands, want to see what will happen. Boss is away this
    week, so got the comms room all to myself.

    Haha!

    Lionel, Apr 20, 2004
  6. Lionel

    Neil Guest

    "Lionel" <> wrote in news:17e701c426cc
    $dac34270$:

    > *Tsk*
    >
    > Clue's in the question, innit??
    >
    > Why am i doing it? Why not?? Got a bit of time on my
    > hands, want to see what will happen. Boss is away this
    > week, so got the comms room all to myself.
    >
    > Haha!

    well then in that case I would recommend setting the internal addresses
    to yer class C and just keep the corp router/firewall the same. less
    reconfig later. minor technicality that the whole company wont access the
    Internet. it's only a fad anyway...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Apr 20, 2004
  7. >less
    >reconfig later. minor technicality that the whole company wont access the
    >Internet. it's only a fad anyway...

    too funny

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 20, 2004
  8. Lionel

    Lionel Guest

    Cheers boss, will give that a go in a bit.

    You know anything about fire-extinguishers??

    Lionel, Apr 20, 2004
  9. Lionel

    Lionel Guest

    Nah, not me mate... he's away this week, ha ha!

    Guy's gonna have a lot of work to do when he gets back
    though!

    Lionel, Apr 20, 2004
  10. Lionel

    Consultant Guest

    you mean in your dhcp scope?

    Consultant, Apr 20, 2004
  11. Lionel

    Neil Guest

    "Lionel" <> wrote in news:17a801c426d4
    $1c72e2f0$:

    > You know anything about fire-extinguishers??

    yes, start the fire in the Data Center _BEFORE_ you use it. that way you
    have an excuse for why you had to discharge the thing..

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Apr 20, 2004
  12. Lionel

    Andy Foster Guest

    "Lionel" <> wrote in message
    > How do you change a class C network to a class B one?
    >
    > Can anyone help, please?

    You need the receipt
    Andy Foster, Apr 20, 2004
  13. Lionel

    Neil Guest

    "Andy Foster" <> wrote in news:c63cu3
    $7g1cs$-berlin.de:

    > You need the receipt

    home depot will exchange it with out the receipt but the package for the
    class C can not have been opened.

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Apr 20, 2004
  14. Lionel

    Consultant Guest

    i hear they do price matches too

    Consultant, Apr 20, 2004
  15. Lionel

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "Consultant" <> wrote in message
    > i hear they do price matches too

    also, they accept competitor's coupons and do double-coupons.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Apr 20, 2004
  16. Lionel

    Consultant Guest

    i heard they are having a super-scope sale

    Consultant, Apr 20, 2004
  17. Lionel

    Kat Guest

    Jesus- he can't change an ip, and... never mind. that's scary!

    Remind me to only hire MCNGP from now on....

    --
    Kat

    /* To be or Not to be. Aww, to hell with it */
    Kat, Apr 20, 2004
  18. Lionel

    Neil Guest

    "Consultant" <> wrote in news:OfhLCvuJEHA.428
    @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

    > i heard they are having a super-scope sale

    I go to the fishing section to check out the Multi-casting...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Apr 20, 2004
  19. Lionel

    Neil Guest

    Kat <> wrote in news:408543ba$:

    > Remind me to only hire MCNGP from now on....

    why? this (changing IP classes on a corporate production net) could be fun.
    and then I could spend the day pretending to try and fix it. Later, after I
    had "fixed" it, I'd blame it on the Telco. (Bastards...)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Apr 20, 2004
  20. Lionel

    Andy Foster Guest

    "Lionel" <>

    >How do you change a class C network to a class B one?

    You need an RFC
    Andy Foster, Apr 20, 2004