    AlleyCat Guest

    I have a USB "G" adapter that i want to use on my network with an "N"
    router. how do I change the router so the adapter will connect? Thanks

    AlleyCat, Sep 4, 2012

  2. AlleyCat <> writes:
    >I have a USB "G" adapter that i want to use on my network with an "N"
    >router. how do I change the router so the adapter will connect? Thanks

    It should be automatic unless somebody has gone out of their way to
    prevent it.

    First, they could be talking only 5GHz, in which case, you'll need to
    enable a 2.4GHz radio.

    Otherwise, they could specify that only 54Mbps speeds are allowed on
    the Dot11Radiox interfaces with the 'speed' command. Undo the speed
    command to default it back.

    Doug McIntyre, Sep 4, 2012