    other/use the DHCP or even to asign an IP within the range manually? (and
    yes, I have run the wirless network wizard).

    Thanks.
    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0?=, Jan 3, 2006

  2. Sorry for double posting but I thought I should say that when I was fiddling
    with the command prompt the laptop also had trouble connecting (/couldn't
    connect) to the DHCP server (when I said renew) and also couldn't ping the
    router (which I could do with the cable in)
    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0?=, Jan 3, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?UGF0?=

    AJR Guest

    On a network without DCHP service XP will assign an address in the
    169.254.*.* range which permits communication within the network but not to
    the internet. Router provides DCHP service - verify that the TCP/IP
    properties of the connection used wireless is set for automatically assigned
    IP address.
    AJR, Jan 3, 2006