    Can I change it in the registry and if so, how?

    BTW I am running Windows XP Professional.

    Any guidance gratefully appreciated.

    Alasdair, Oct 8, 2006

  2. Alasdair

    Changstein Guest

    Alasdair <> wrote in
    news::

    > I am trying to change the home page on IE6 from the default MSN to the
    > BBC. I followed the help instructions, went to the BBC homepage and
    > pressed Tools>Internet Options then found the www.bbc.co.uk then
    > pressed apply and OK. But, no matter how often I tried, it went back
    > to MSN.
    >
    > Can I change it in the registry and if so, how?
    >
    > BTW I am running Windows XP Professional.
    >
    > Any guidance gratefully appreciated.

    You forgot to press the "Use Current" button before "Apply". Try that.

    Changstein

    Changstein, Oct 8, 2006

  3. Alasdair

    Alasdair Guest

    On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 22:49:02 GMT, Changstein <>
    wrote:

    >You forgot to press the "Use Current" button before "Apply". Try that.
    >
    >Changstein

    No, I've none that.

    --
    Alasdair.

    Alasdair, Oct 8, 2006
  4. Alasdair

    Alasdair Guest

    On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 23:26:01 +0100, Alasdair <>
    wrote:

    >I am trying to change the home page on IE6 from the default MSN to the
    >BBC. I followed the help instructions, went to the BBC homepage and
    >pressed Tools>Internet Options then found the www.bbc.co.uk then
    >pressed apply and OK. But, no matter how often I tried, it went back
    >to MSN.
    >
    >Can I change it in the registry and if so, how?
    >
    >BTW I am running Windows XP Professional.
    >
    >Any guidance gratefully appreciated.

    I forgot to add that I have two users on my computer, myself and my
    partner. My own is OK, it is my partner's which I can't change. How
    can I make sure I have full administrator rights for my partner's side
    of the business as well as my own. She's quite agreeable to this.

    --
    Alasdair.

    Alasdair, Oct 8, 2006
  5. Alasdair

    mdp Guest

    Alasdair wrote:
    > On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 23:26:01 +0100, Alasdair <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I am trying to change the home page on IE6 from the default MSN to
    >> the BBC. I followed the help instructions, went to the BBC homepage
    >> and pressed Tools>Internet Options then found the www.bbc.co.uk then
    >> pressed apply and OK. But, no matter how often I tried, it went back
    >> to MSN.
    >>
    >> Can I change it in the registry and if so, how?
    >>
    >> BTW I am running Windows XP Professional.
    >>
    >> Any guidance gratefully appreciated.

    > I forgot to add that I have two users on my computer, myself and my
    > partner. My own is OK, it is my partner's which I can't change. How
    > can I make sure I have full administrator rights for my partner's side
    > of the business as well as my own. She's quite agreeable to this.

    Do you have Norton Systemworks? It has a feature that prevents changing the
    home page.

    mdp, Oct 9, 2006