    the 13 GB to the new HD?

    Thanks for any assistance.

    Paul

    Atlas Shrugged, Jun 14, 2007

  2. Atlas Shrugged

    Dustin Cook Guest

    "Atlas Shrugged" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I have a small 13GB HD that has my operating system (WinXP) with only
    > 1.6GB free (C drive). I have a 233 GB HD as a slave (D drive). I
    > want to buy a new HD with more GB to replace the 13 GB HD. Is there a
    > way to do it without reinstalling the operating system? How can I
    > copy the files from the 13 GB to the new HD?
    >
    > Thanks for any assistance.
    >
    > Paul

    Hi Paul,

    You can use the Symantec Ghost program, or the Acronis TrueImage program.
    Either of which will clone your current hard drive to the new one, without
    losing any information.

    --
    Dustin Cook
    Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool - v2.2c

    Dustin Cook, Jun 14, 2007

  3. Atlas Shrugged

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Atlas Shrugged" <> wrote in message
    >I have a small 13GB HD that has my operating system (WinXP) with only 1.6GB
    >free (C drive). I have a 233 GB HD as a slave (D drive). I want to buy a
    >new HD with more GB to replace the 13 GB HD. Is there a way to do it
    >without reinstalling the operating system? How can I copy the files from
    >the 13 GB to the new HD?
    >
    > Thanks for any assistance.
    >
    > Paul

    Many drive manufacturers include software that will do "partition copy"
    functions in their utilities. That does exactly what you need.

    WhzzKdd, Jun 14, 2007
  4. Atlas Shrugged

    Plato Guest

    Atlas Shrugged wrote:

    > I have a small 13GB HD that has my operating system (WinXP) with only 1.6GB
    > free (C drive). I have a 233 GB HD as a slave (D drive). I want to buy a
    > new HD with more GB to replace the 13 GB HD. Is there a way to do it
    > without reinstalling the operating system? How can I copy the files from
    > the 13 GB to the new HD?

    Try:
    xxclone.com

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 14, 2007
  5. Atlas Shrugged

    Dustin Cook Guest

    Plato <|@|.|> wrote in news:4670c992$3$189$:

    > Atlas Shrugged wrote:
    >>
    >> I have a small 13GB HD that has my operating system (WinXP) with only
    >> 1.6GB free (C drive). I have a 233 GB HD as a slave (D drive). I
    >> want to buy a new HD with more GB to replace the 13 GB HD. Is there
    >> a way to do it without reinstalling the operating system? How can I
    >> copy the files from the 13 GB to the new HD?

    > Try:
    > xxclone.com

    Hi Plato.

    I've used xxcopy, xxclone is by the same people isn't it? What is your
    personal experience with it? How does it compare to norton ghost for
    example?

    Dustin Cook, Jun 14, 2007
  6. Atlas Shrugged

    Plato Guest

    Dustin Cook wrote:

    > I've used xxcopy, xxclone is by the same people isn't it? What is your
    > personal experience with it? How does it compare to norton ghost for
    > example?

    Yes, xxcopy and xxclone are done not by people, but by the same person,
    ie Kan Yabumoto.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 16, 2007
  7. Atlas Shrugged

    Dustin Cook Guest

    Plato <|@|.|> wrote in news:467374a9$0$241$:

    > Dustin Cook wrote:
    >>
    >> I've used xxcopy, xxclone is by the same people isn't it? What is your
    >> personal experience with it? How does it compare to norton ghost for
    >> example?

    > Yes, xxcopy and xxclone are done not by people, but by the same person,
    > ie Kan Yabumoto.

    Ahh, my bad. Xxcopy is a fine program. I haven't had a chance to play with
    xxclone, but I do need to changeout the hard drive in this machine today,
    so I'll give it a go.

    Dustin Cook, Jun 16, 2007