    ascending" and "sort descending" but the messages remain out of order.

    Thank you

    Geopelia

    Phil Doran, Mar 12, 2006

  2. Phil Doran

    Jonno Guest

    "Phil Doran" <> wrote in message
    news:T5TQf.5752$...
    > I've just changed to XP from ME. I want to get back to the name I always
    > used to post to newsgroups, (Geopelia) showing in the "from" column. For
    > some reason, this has changed.
    >
    > I've tried switching identities, but then everything disappears.
    > I can't find anything relevant in any of the Help menus.
    >
    > How do I just change the name please, keeping everything else as it is?

    It appears you are using Outlook Express.
    In OE go to the "Tools" menu at the top of the page and choose
    "Accounts..." from the drop down menu.
    Click on the "News" tab and double click your news account shown in the box.
    In the properties box that appears put the name you want in the "Name" box
    You can also xhange the other User Information if you want.

    > Also, the Sent items have all the dates jumbled up. I've tried "sort
    > ascending" and "sort descending" but the messages remain out of order.

    In OE, left clicking the "Sent" bar at the top of the messages should put
    all the dates in calendar order. A second click will change in order top to
    bottom or bottom to top. Likewise left clicking the "From" bar will let you
    list messages by peoples names..."Subject" by subject etc.

    > Thank you
    >
    > Geopelia

    Of course you do know you should have used Linux LOL

    Jonno, Mar 12, 2006

  3. Phil Doran

    Geopelia Guest

    "Jonno" <> wrote in message

    > "Phil Doran" <> wrote in message
    >> I've just changed to XP from ME. I want to get back to the name I always
    >> used to post to newsgroups, (Geopelia) showing in the "from" column. For
    >> some reason, this has changed.
    >>
    >> I've tried switching identities, but then everything disappears.
    >> I can't find anything relevant in any of the Help menus.
    >>
    >> How do I just change the name please, keeping everything else as it is?

    > It appears you are using Outlook Express.
    > In OE go to the "Tools" menu at the top of the page and choose
    > "Accounts..." from the drop down menu.
    > Click on the "News" tab and double click your news account shown in the
    > box.
    > In the properties box that appears put the name you want in the "Name" box
    > You can also xhange the other User Information if you want.
    >>
    >> Also, the Sent items have all the dates jumbled up. I've tried "sort
    >> ascending" and "sort descending" but the messages remain out of order.

    > In OE, left clicking the "Sent" bar at the top of the messages should put
    > all the dates in calendar order. A second click will change in order top
    > to bottom or bottom to top. Likewise left clicking the "From" bar will let
    > you list messages by peoples names..."Subject" by subject etc.
    >

    >> Thank you
    >>
    >> Geopelia
    >>

    > Of course you do know you should have used Linux LOL

    Thank you. I've changed the name and got the dates right now.
    One of those things that is so easy once you know how, but none of the help
    menus seem to have it! I suppose the kids learn it in school these days and
    they think everybody knows.

    XP seems a great improvement on ME.

    Thanks for your help

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Mar 13, 2006
  4. Phil Doran

    Jonno Guest

    "Geopelia" <> wrote in message

    > "Jonno" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Phil Doran" <> wrote in message
    >>> I've just changed to XP from ME. I want to get back to the name I always
    >>> used to post to newsgroups, (Geopelia) showing in the "from" column. For
    >>> some reason, this has changed.
    >>>
    >>> I've tried switching identities, but then everything disappears.
    >>> I can't find anything relevant in any of the Help menus.
    >>>
    >>> How do I just change the name please, keeping everything else as it is?

    >> It appears you are using Outlook Express.
    >> In OE go to the "Tools" menu at the top of the page and choose
    >> "Accounts..." from the drop down menu.
    >> Click on the "News" tab and double click your news account shown in the
    >> box.
    >> In the properties box that appears put the name you want in the "Name"
    >> box
    >> You can also xhange the other User Information if you want.
    >>>
    >>> Also, the Sent items have all the dates jumbled up. I've tried "sort
    >>> ascending" and "sort descending" but the messages remain out of order.

    >> In OE, left clicking the "Sent" bar at the top of the messages should put
    >> all the dates in calendar order. A second click will change in order top
    >> to bottom or bottom to top. Likewise left clicking the "From" bar will
    >> let you list messages by peoples names..."Subject" by subject etc.
    >>

    >>> Thank you
    >>>
    >>> Geopelia
    >>>

    >> Of course you do know you should have used Linux LOL
    >>

    > Thank you. I've changed the name and got the dates right now.
    > One of those things that is so easy once you know how, but none of the
    > help menus seem to have it! I suppose the kids learn it in school these
    > days and they think everybody knows.
    >
    > XP seems a great improvement on ME.
    >
    > Thanks for your help
    >
    > Geopelia

    Yeah, those young wippersnappers. Us oldies have to stick together eh. LOL

    Jonno, Mar 13, 2006
  5. Phil Doran

    Geopelia Guest

    "Jonno" <> wrote in message

    > "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Jonno" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Phil Doran" <> wrote in message

    >>> It appears you are using Outlook Express.
    >>> In OE go to the "Tools" menu at the top of the page and choose
    >>> "Accounts..." from the drop down menu.
    >>> Click on the "News" tab and double click your news account shown in the
    >>> box.
    >>> In the properties box that appears put the name you want in the "Name"
    >>> box
    >>> You can also xhange the other User Information if you want.

    >>> In OE, left clicking the "Sent" bar at the top of the messages should
    >>> put all the dates in calendar order. A second click will change in order
    >>> top to bottom or bottom to top. Likewise left clicking the "From" bar
    >>> will let you list messages by peoples names..."Subject" by subject etc.

    >>> Of course you do know you should have used Linux LOL
    >>>

    >> Thank you. I've changed the name and got the dates right now.
    >> One of those things that is so easy once you know how, but none of the
    >> help menus seem to have it! I suppose the kids learn it in school these
    >> days and they think everybody knows.
    >>
    >> XP seems a great improvement on ME.
    >>
    >> Thanks for your help
    >>
    >> Geopelia

    > Yeah, those young wippersnappers. Us oldies have to stick together eh.
    > LOL

    I was born in 1929

    Geopelia, Mar 13, 2006