    Can any body advise me on a program to change windows media player to wav
    format?

    Thanks in advance

    Caught, Nov 28, 2006

  2. Caught

    Ross Guest

    On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:01:26 +1300, "Caught" <> wrote:

    >Help please
    >
    >Can any body advise me on a program to change windows media player to wav
    >format?
    >
    >Thanks in advance

    "dBPowerAMP Music Converter".
    I just tried converting wmv to wav, and the wav sounded fine.

    Another option is "Jodix free WMA to MP3 Converter".
    Is also says it does wmv.

    Both are freeware.

    Ross, Nov 28, 2006

  3. Caught

    David Guest

    Caught wrote:
    > Help please
    >
    > Can any body advise me on a program to change windows media player to wav
    > format?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    foobar2000

    http://www.foobar2000.org/

    Open the file, right click on it, use the Convert option and choose WAV
    format.

    David, Nov 28, 2006
  4. Caught

    NR Guest

    David wrote:
    > Caught wrote:
    > > Help please
    > >
    > > Can any body advise me on a program to change windows media player to wav
    > > format?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance
    > >

    > foobar2000
    >
    > http://www.foobar2000.org/
    >
    > Open the file, right click on it, use the Convert option and choose WAV
    > format.

    mplayer -ao pcm file.wmp

    NR, Nov 28, 2006
  5. Caught

    Caught Guest

    "Ross" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:01:26 +1300, "Caught" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Help please
    >>
    >>Can any body advise me on a program to change windows media player to wav
    >>format?
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance

    > "dBPowerAMP Music Converter".
    > I just tried converting wmv to wav, and the wav sounded fine.
    >
    > Another option is "Jodix free WMA to MP3 Converter".
    > Is also says it does wmv.
    >
    > Both are freeware.

    Thanks Ross - bDPowerAMP is working great

    Caught, Nov 29, 2006
  6. Caught

    Charles from Oz

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Do u need to convert large WMA to wav (WMP)

    Just trying this at the moment

    Steps
    1. Synch your WMP library to an external storage device
    When this is done
    2. I downloaded WinAmp from the web (it's an alternative media player its excellent too)
    3. With your storage device connected WinAmp asks you if
    you want to add files to WinAmp
    When done
    Right click on Track, Album, Songs (AllArtists)

    Menu option you want is
    Send to --> Format Converter

    choose WAV
    4
    Process is slow for large nos of files but heck there's no stress.
    Seems to be working fine

    Cheers

    Charles from Oz, Apr 23, 2012