    anyone who is able to save me from swearing
    and ignoring my family for a second
    consecutive day.

    chiefhiawatha, Jun 6, 2004

  2. chiefhiawatha

    adm Guest

    "chiefhiawatha" <> wrote in message
    news:chiefhiawatha-0606040835530001@10.0.1.3...
    > Hey there,
    >
    > OK so I can change the modes from auto
    > to the various other modes, but how do I
    > tell the camera to not use the flash at all?
    >
    > I'm trying to do this in manual mode, but
    > I cannot figure it out.

    Just leave the flash down.

    adm, Jun 6, 2004

  3. In article <>, "adm" <>
    wrote:

    > "chiefhiawatha" <> wrote in message
    > > Hey there,
    > >
    > > OK so I can change the modes from auto
    > > to the various other modes, but how do I
    > > tell the camera to not use the flash at all?
    > >
    > > I'm trying to do this in manual mode, but
    > > I cannot figure it out.

    > Just leave the flash down.

    OK but then a moment later when I setup for
    another shot the speedlight will pop up again.

    It will keep doing this after a period of inactivity
    with the camera.

    So how di I get the bolt with the circle/slash
    through it.

    chiefhiawatha, Jun 6, 2004
  4. On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 13:35:53 GMT,
    (chiefhiawatha) wrote:

    >Hey there,
    >
    >OK so I can change the modes from auto
    >to the various other modes, but how do I
    >tell the camera to not use the flash at all?

    Just leave the flash down. It isn't going to fire in the down
    position.

    >I'm trying to do this in manual mode, but
    >I cannot figure it out.

    What ever mode it just won't frire when it's down.

    (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
    www.rogerhalstead.com

    Roger Halstead, Jun 6, 2004
  5. chiefhiawatha

    Bob Flint Guest

    On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 15:48:30 GMT,
    (chiefhiawatha) wrote:

    >In article <>, "adm" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >> "chiefhiawatha" <> wrote in message
    >> > Hey there,
    >> >
    >> > OK so I can change the modes from auto
    >> > to the various other modes, but how do I
    >> > tell the camera to not use the flash at all?
    >> >
    >> > I'm trying to do this in manual mode, but
    >> > I cannot figure it out.

    >> Just leave the flash down.

    >OK but then a moment later when I setup for
    >another shot the speedlight will pop up again.

    It only pops up in AUTO and some of the preset modes.

    You can turn it off...

    >It will keep doing this after a period of inactivity
    >with the camera.
    >
    >So how di I get the bolt with the circle/slash
    >through it.

    Push the flash button on the side of the camera that causes the flash to pop up,
    HOLD THE BUTTON IN, now turn the command dial with your thumb until the top
    display on the camera indicates the flash/off sign. Let go the button and push
    the flash unit down. There you go!

    Bob Flint, Jun 7, 2004
  6. chiefhiawatha

    Guy Scharf Guest

    (chiefhiawatha) wrote:

    > OK so I can change the modes from auto
    > to the various other modes, but how do I
    > tell the camera to not use the flash at all?
    >
    > I'm trying to do this in manual mode, but
    > I cannot figure it out.
    >
    > I've read the manual to no avail. Thanks to
    > anyone who is able to save me from swearing
    > and ignoring my family for a second
    > consecutive day.

    In any of the P, A, S, M modes, the flash will fire only if you open
    the flash yourself. It will not open automatically. In some of the
    vari-program modes, like AUTO, the camera will open the flash if it
    thinks it is needed.

    See page 182 of the user manual (US English edition) for a list of
    those modes in which the flash will pop up automatically. If you don't
    want that to happen, use a mode without auto pop up.

    Guy

    Guy Scharf, Jun 7, 2004