    files, no luck. Also tried looking in the about:config list.

    TIA

    Dan

    Dan, May 23, 2006

  2. Dan

    Andy Luddy Guest

    Dan wrote:
    > Anyone know how to change or at least eliminate the sound FF makes when
    > it can't find text in a page you search for using "find"? I HATE the
    > default sound & almost jump out of my chair every time it goes off.
    > Tried searching/listening to all likely .wav's to locate the culprit,
    > tried looking in program files/mozilla & docs & settings for sound
    > files, no luck. Also tried looking in the about:config list.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Dan

    Under about:config, there's accessibility.typeaheadfind.enablesound,
    which is boolean and will enable you to turn it off, or there's
    accessibility.typeaheadfind.soundURL, which should allow you to pick a
    different one.

    --
    Andy Luddy
    Perform appendectomy to reply

    Andy Luddy, May 23, 2006

  3. Dan

    Rom Guest

    <http://johnbokma.com/firefox/find-in-page-sound.html>

    --
    Rom

    Rom, May 23, 2006
  4. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Rom wrote:
    > On Mon, 22 May 2006 16:19:10 -0700, Dan wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know how to change or at least eliminate the sound FF makes when
    >> it can't find text in a page you search for using "find"? I HATE the
    >> default sound & almost jump out of my chair every time it goes off.
    >> Tried searching/listening to all likely .wav's to locate the culprit,
    >> tried looking in program files/mozilla & docs & settings for sound
    >> files, no luck. Also tried looking in the about:config list.

    > <http://johnbokma.com/firefox/find-in-page-sound.html>

    Thanks Andy & Rom, that did the trick. I saw that setting, but from the
    name (type ahead) I thought it had to do with auto-form filling.

    Dan

    Dan, May 23, 2006