    possible to change how a file is run by Vista. In XP the file ran as a
    system process. In Vista I do not see it running until I click on show
    all user processes and then I see it. There has to be a way to do this.

    Fu Schnickens, Dec 28, 2006

  2. Fu Schnickens

    John Holmes Guest

    Fu Schnickens "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I recently updraded to Vista Business Edition was wondering if it is
    > possible to change how a file is run by Vista. In XP the file ran as a
    > system process. In Vista I do not see it running until I click on show
    > all user processes and then I see it. There has to be a way to do this.

    You just found that way, now didn't you?

    --
    You malevolent truckload of mutating pimple squeezings.

    John Holmes, Dec 28, 2006

  3. Fu Schnickens

    why? Guest

    On 28 Dec 2006 09:03:22 -0800, Fu Schnickens wrote:

    >I recently updraded to Vista Business Edition was wondering if it is
    >possible to change how a file is run by Vista. In XP the file ran as a
    >system process. In Vista I do not see it running until I click on show
    >all user processes and then I see it. There has to be a way to do this.

    Wouldn't that be a new security feature?

    Try the Vista MSDN documentation / MS security & developer newsgroups
    MSDN blogs.

    server - msnews.microsoft.com or
    http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/default.aspx
    http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsvistasecurity/
    http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=116&SiteID=1

    Me

    why?, Dec 28, 2006
  4. Fu Schnickens

    Plato Guest

    Fu Schnickens wrote:

    > I recently updraded to Vista Business Edition was wondering if it is
    > possible to change how a file is run by Vista. In XP the file ran as a
    > system process. In Vista I do not see it running until I click on show
    > all user processes and then I see it. There has to be a way to do this.

    Ask the Author of the OS.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Dec 30, 2006