    change the icon for only certain extension filetypes?

    thanks
    -bioret

    Bioret, May 20, 2007

  2. Bioret

    Guest

    Bioret <> wrote:

    >I use 7-zip and irfanview for archives and images respectively. The
    >programs are awesome but the icons suck! Is there a way (preferably
    >without having to use an external program, but its ok) that will let me
    >change the icon for only certain extension filetypes?

    Right click Irfanview, properties, change icon. like that?

    It is global jpg, gif, tif will all have that icon.

    External program ResHacker lets you insert your own icons.

    --

    Symantec false positive cripples thousands of Chinese PCs
    http://tinyurl.com/2s6wow

    , May 20, 2007

  3. Bioret

    Bioret Guest

    wrote in news:d3pv435jq3atu0g78m6apsrvmh65olhvd5
    @4ax.com:

    > Bioret <> wrote:
    >
    >>I use 7-zip and irfanview for archives and images respectively. The
    >>programs are awesome but the icons suck! Is there a way (preferably
    >>without having to use an external program, but its ok) that will let me
    >>change the icon for only certain extension filetypes?

    > Right click Irfanview, properties, change icon. like that?
    >
    > It is global jpg, gif, tif will all have that icon.
    >
    > External program ResHacker lets you insert your own icons.

    I mean in the icon in windows explorer. If thats what you meant, theres
    no "change icon" for jpg, png, zip etc.

    thanks anyways

    Bioret, May 20, 2007
  4. Bioret

    Guest

    Bioret <> wrote:

    > wrote in news:d3pv435jq3atu0g78m6apsrvmh65olhvd5
    >@4ax.com:
    >
    >> Bioret <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I use 7-zip and irfanview for archives and images respectively. The
    >>>programs are awesome but the icons suck! Is there a way (preferably
    >>>without having to use an external program, but its ok) that will let me
    >>>change the icon for only certain extension filetypes?

    >> Right click Irfanview, properties, change icon. like that?
    >>
    >> It is global jpg, gif, tif will all have that icon.
    >>
    >> External program ResHacker lets you insert your own icons.

    >I mean in the icon in windows explorer. If thats what you meant, theres
    >no "change icon" for jpg, png, zip etc.

    The icons in windows explorer takes on or get it's icon from the
    program that runs it; to change the explorer icon you would need to
    change the program icon.
    --

    Very trippy animation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4Yf-7Z_6PE

    , May 20, 2007
  5. On 19 May 2007 wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    > The icons in windows explorer takes on or get it's icon from the
    > program that runs it; to change the explorer icon you would need to
    > change the program icon.

    Bullshit. You can use any icons you want.
    http://yorkshirepete.com/bullshit.php

    --
    D?
    Yorkshire Pete

    Yorkshire Pete, May 20, 2007
  6. Bioret

    dadiOH Guest

    Bioret wrote:
    > I use 7-zip and irfanview for archives and images respectively. The
    > programs are awesome but the icons suck! Is there a way (preferably
    > without having to use an external program, but its ok) that will
    > let me change the icon for only certain extension filetypes?

    Using Win98...

    Start
    Settings
    Folder Options
    File types

    Skim down the list to the one you want to change, highlight it, click
    "edit" then "change icon", browse to icon you want to use.

    Other OS would be similar.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, May 20, 2007
  7. Bioret

    Guest

    Yorkshire Pete <> wrote:

    >On 19 May 2007 wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    >
    >> The icons in windows explorer takes on or get it's icon from the
    >> program that runs it; to change the explorer icon you would need to
    >> change the program icon.

    >Bullshit. You can use any icons you want.
    >http://yorkshirepete.com/bullshit.php

    Yes, with reshacker, as mentioned above.
    --

    Very trippy animation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4Yf-7Z_6PE

    , May 20, 2007
  8. Bioret

    Guest

    "dadiOH" <> wrote:

    >Bioret wrote:
    >> I use 7-zip and irfanview for archives and images respectively. The
    >> programs are awesome but the icons suck! Is there a way (preferably
    >> without having to use an external program, but its ok) that will
    >> let me change the icon for only certain extension filetypes?

    >Using Win98...
    >
    >Start
    > Settings
    > Folder Options
    > File types
    >
    >Skim down the list to the one you want to change, highlight it, click
    >"edit" then "change icon", browse to icon you want to use.
    >
    >Other OS would be similar.

    Blush... forgot about that CPL, it works on all WinOS's, at least you
    were able to help em out :}
    --

    Very trippy animation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4Yf-7Z_6PE

    , May 20, 2007
  9. On 20 May 2007 wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    > Blush... forgot about that CPL, it works on all WinOS's, at least you
    > were able to help em out :}

    and without ResHacker

    --
    D?
    Yorkshire Pete

    Yorkshire Pete, May 20, 2007
  10. Bioret

    Guest

    Yorkshire Pete <> wrote:

    >On 20 May 2007 wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    >

    >> Blush... forgot about that CPL, it works on all WinOS's, at least you
    >> were able to help em out :}

    >and without ResHacker

    I canceled that message, it does no good, but there's always the
    chance :)

    --

    AYB
    http://allyourbase.planettribes.gamespy.com//ayb2.swf