    Multipass and wrote to Canon people but no reply or help. TERRIBLE
    PEOPLE.

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Sep 13, 2005

  2. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:40:01 GMT, "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I use Win98SE and Multipass fax programme. Some how the extension name
    >of my faxes changed to .MLJ instead of .TIF with the result I cannot
    >open the faxes. The faxes are all grey and you cannot read any thing.
    >But if it is changed to .TIF extension, then it reads.
    >
    >How do you change the setting in the Multipass programme? I use Canon
    >Multipass and wrote to Canon people but no reply or help. TERRIBLE
    >PEOPLE.

    Start, run, command <Enter>
    change to the directory the files are in, and REN *.MLJ *.TIF <Enter>.

    Evan Platt, Sep 13, 2005

  3. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    fkasner Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:40:01 GMT, "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I use Win98SE and Multipass fax programme. Some how the extension name
    >>of my faxes changed to .MLJ instead of .TIF with the result I cannot
    >>open the faxes. The faxes are all grey and you cannot read any thing.
    >>But if it is changed to .TIF extension, then it reads.
    >>
    >>How do you change the setting in the Multipass programme? I use Canon
    >>Multipass and wrote to Canon people but no reply or help. TERRIBLE
    >>PEOPLE.

    > Start, run, command <Enter>
    > change to the directory the files are in, and REN *.MLJ *.TIF <Enter>.

    Read again what he wrote! He said he could change the suffix to TIF. You
    don't have to tell him how to do that. He wants to know how to make the
    FAX program save the fax message files with the TIF suffix so he doesn't
    have to do what he already knows how to do and which your poor analysis
    tells him to do. Not much help on your part.
    FK

    fkasner, Sep 13, 2005
  4. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:21:04 GMT, fkasner <>
    wrote:

    >Read again what he wrote! He said he could change the suffix to TIF. You
    >don't have to tell him how to do that. He wants to know how to make the
    >FAX program save the fax message files with the TIF suffix so he doesn't
    >have to do what he already knows how to do and which your poor analysis
    >tells him to do. Not much help on your part.

    I read what he wrote. Perhaps I should have gone into more detail.
    It's a work around that essentially solves his problem.

    My guess is it's a little more help than your post.

    And reading his post, I see no indication that his faxes are saved as
    MLJ, but that

    Evan Platt, Sep 13, 2005
  5. Hi,

    They are saved as MLJ but I want them changed to TIF. Or in future they
    should be saved as TIF.

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Sep 14, 2005