changing computers

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by slumpy, Jan 8, 2004.

  1. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    Voicing an opinion as worthless as a wino at a wedding, siobhan feeny
    postulated...

    > dear sir/madam,
    > there'll be a different computer installed at my
    > address.also the user will have a different name.
    > billing and land line will not change.how do i go about this.
    > many thanks,
    > siobhan feeny

    dear siobhan

    i am afraid that we must verify the integrity of any new computer, and any
    unwarranted installation will invalidated your warranty. please bring the
    machine along to our offices in Orkney, and we will check it over.

    Also enclosed is a link to the book "How to spell your name properly" by
    Sharn Bumley <aka Sian Bottomley>
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    siobhan feeny, Jan 8, 2004

  3. slumpy

    Rifleman Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > Also enclosed is a link to the book "How to spell your name properly" by
    > Sharn Bumley <aka Sian Bottomley>

    siobhan feeny
    Which bit of this name do you think is misspelt?

    Rifleman, Jan 8, 2004
  4. slumpy

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 17:20:17 -0000, siobhan feeny wrote:

    Contact your ISP, the newsgroup where you posted is a public
    international group with no afflication to any ISP or other service
    provider.

    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/contact/

    Don't use an email address that does not belong to you @microsoft.com
    Info on how to munge an address,
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/abuse/howavoid.shtml

    >dear sir/madam,
    > there'll be a different computer installed at my
    >address.also the user will have a different name.

    As you are on dial up, a different PC may not matter much.
    You will need to configure a new dial up connection however, see
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/connected/dialup/

    >billing and land line will not change.how do i go about this.
    >many thanks,

    Most likely you should try contacting your local office and the accounts
    department.

    As it is a different user, it may be easier to simply create a new alias
    and password? Then reset the old password so the next person does not
    know it.

    Try these newsgroups,
    blueyonder.discussion.dialup
    blueyonder.users.self-help