    of case to click in Email. The Help menu is no help, alas!
    I expected it to be somewhere in Font but couldn't find it.

    Geopelia
    geopelia, Jan 9, 2006

  2. Copy and paste it in to Word. Change the case, copy and paste it back.

    Steve

    Stephen Williams, Jan 9, 2006

  3. geopelia

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Stephen Williams wrote:
    > Copy and paste it in to Word. Change the case, copy and paste it
    > back.

    In other words, the 'case-change' feature isn't available in
    Outlook/Express.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Jan 9, 2006
  4. geopelia wrote:
    > If I type an email in upper case by mistake (I have to watch the keyboard,
    > not the screen) how do I change it to lower case please?

    Start->Settings->Control panel->Accessibility options->Turn on toggle
    keys. You will now hear a tone every time you accidentally press Caps
    lock. I usually have no trouble avoiding caps lock, so I only hear the
    tone about once a month or so... it saves valuable seconds! :).

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Jan 9, 2006
  5. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Stephen Williams" <> wrote in message
    > Copy and paste it in to Word. Change the case, copy and paste it back.
    >
    > Steve

    Thank you.

    Computers are complicated, aren't they?

    Geopelia

    geopelia, Jan 9, 2006
  6. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > Stephen Williams wrote:
    > > Copy and paste it in to Word. Change the case, copy and paste it
    > > back.

    > In other words, the 'case-change' feature isn't available in
    > Outlook/Express.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    I wonder why nobody thought to include it.
    Geopelia
    geopelia, Jan 9, 2006
  7. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Nicholas Sherlock" <> wrote in message
    > geopelia wrote:
    > > If I type an email in upper case by mistake (I have to watch the

    keyboard,
    > > not the screen) how do I change it to lower case please?

    > Start->Settings->Control panel->Accessibility options->Turn on toggle
    > keys. You will now hear a tone every time you accidentally press Caps
    > lock. I usually have no trouble avoiding caps lock, so I only hear the
    > tone about once a month or so... it saves valuable seconds! :).
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Nicholas Sherlock

    Thank you. That will be handy.

    Geopelia
    geopelia, Jan 9, 2006
  8. geopelia

    ~misfit~ Guest

    geopelia wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> Stephen Williams wrote:
    >>> Copy and paste it in to Word. Change the case, copy and paste it
    >>> back.

    >> In other words, the 'case-change' feature isn't available in
    >> Outlook/Express.
    >> --
    >> ~misfit~
    >>

    > I wonder why nobody thought to include it.

    'Cause OE is free with Windows but you have to buy Word?
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Jan 9, 2006
  9. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > geopelia wrote:
    > > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> In other words, the 'case-change' feature isn't available in
    > >> Outlook/Express.
    > >> --
    > >> ~misfit~
    > >>

    > > I wonder why nobody thought to include it.

    > 'Cause OE is free with Windows but you have to buy Word?
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    Word was included with this computer.
    geopelia, Jan 9, 2006
  10. geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <w6Awf.13662$>,
    says...

    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > > geopelia wrote:
    > > > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message

    > > > I wonder why nobody thought to include it.

    > > 'Cause OE is free with Windows but you have to buy Word?
    > > --
    > > ~misfit~
    > >

    > Word was included with this computer.

    Yeah... but not for free. If you bought the PC - and it had 'Word
    included' - you bought that too. :)

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, Jan 10, 2006
  11. geopelia

    ~misfit~ Guest

    geopelia wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> geopelia wrote:
    >>> "~misfit~" <> wrote in message

    >>> I wonder why nobody thought to include it.

    >> 'Cause OE is free with Windows but you have to buy Word?
    >>

    > Word was included with this computer.

    Be that as it may, it's a seperate program to Windows, unlike Outlook
    Express. You still paid for it, as part of the package's price. Unless you
    get a package (as you did) you have to buy Word seperately. Did you know
    that OE doesn't even include a spell-checker? It will use Word's
    spellchecker if you have it installed, otherwise, tough titties.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Jan 10, 2006
  12. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > geopelia wrote:
    > > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message

    > >> 'Cause OE is free with Windows but you have to buy Word?
    > >>

    > > Word was included with this computer.

    > Be that as it may, it's a seperate program to Windows, unlike Outlook
    > Express. You still paid for it, as part of the package's price. Unless you
    > get a package (as you did) you have to buy Word seperately. Did you know
    > that OE doesn't even include a spell-checker? It will use Word's
    > spellchecker if you have it installed, otherwise, tough titties.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    If I write something "likethis" Word can separate it into "like this", the
    email spellchecker can't. It just says "like".
    geopelia, Jan 10, 2006
  13. geopelia

    ~misfit~ Guest

    geopelia wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> geopelia wrote:
    >>> "~misfit~" <> wrote in message

    >>> Word was included with this computer.

    >> Be that as it may, it's a seperate program to Windows, unlike Outlook
    >> Express. You still paid for it, as part of the package's price.
    >> Unless you get a package (as you did) you have to buy Word
    >> seperately. Did you know that OE doesn't even include a
    >> spell-checker? It will use Word's spellchecker if you have it
    >> installed, otherwise, tough titties. --
    >> ~misfit~
    >>

    > If I write something "likethis" Word can separate it into "like
    > this", the email spellchecker can't. It just says "like".

    Yes, Word's spellchecker has 'on the fly' spellchecking abilities in it's
    own environment. However, if you didn't have Word installed, you wouldn't
    have a spellchecker at all in OE. Once you install Word it's spellchecker
    becomes a 'shared component', available to other MS applications. (Although
    without the 'on the fly' capabilities).
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Jan 10, 2006