    am I forever stuck with the annoying one the PC came with ?

    TIA

    R.Paulson
    R.Paulson, Oct 30, 2004

  2. R.Paulson

    Conor Guest

    In article <>, R.Paulson
    says...
    > I have the misfortune of having an 'e machine' - PC World's own brand
    > PCs. As lovely as it is, it bugs the hell out of me that I have to
    > look at their logo everytime I boot up. I've been into the bios and
    > just states that it's a " Pheonix AWARDBios" but lists no version
    > number. I've tried using 'Awdflsh.exe' but that just tells me that my
    > bios is not supported. HELP...is there a way of changing the logo, or
    > am I forever stuck with the annoying one the PC came with ?

    Find AIDA32 at www.majorgeeks.com, download it and run it. It may gie
    you a better idea of what your motherboard is. Chances are it'll be a
    PC Chips or summat.

    --
    Conor

    Opinions personal, facts suspect.
    Conor, Oct 30, 2004

  3. R.Paulson

    R.R.H Ritzen Guest

    R.R.H Ritzen, Oct 30, 2004
  4. R.Paulson

    WormWood Guest

    http://www.blackfiveservices.co.uk/awbmtools.shtml

    <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=award+bios+boot+up+logo&btnG=Search>

    WormWood, Oct 30, 2004
  5. R.Paulson

    Pennywise Guest

    On 30 Oct 2004 01:49:14 -0700, (R.Paulson)
    wrote:

    |>I have to
    |>look at their logo everytime I boot up. I've been into the bios and
    |>just states that it's a " Pheonix AWARDBios" but lists no version
    |>number.

    When you boot up one of the very first things display'd is the bios
    version number. It will be in the lower left of the screen, pressing
    the Pause key will ahh pause the screen so you can write it down,
    enter to continue.
    Pennywise, Oct 30, 2004
  6. R.Paulson

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Pennywise mused:

    | Could be a mute point tho:

    Speaking of tough crowds ... that's "moot" ... ;-)
    mhicaoidh, Oct 30, 2004
  7. R.Paulson

    Pennywise Guest

    On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 16:36:55 GMT, "mhicaoidh"
    <??m?v?_mhic_aoidh@hot??Xmail?P?M.com> wrote:

    |>Taking a moment's reflection, Pennywise mused:
    |>|

    Darn... http://tinyurl.com/4zrj6
    Pennywise, Oct 30, 2004
  8. R.Paulson

    R.Paulson Guest

    OK, so now I've established the BIOS version how do I go about changing the logo ?
    R.Paulson, Oct 31, 2004
  9. R.Paulson

    Lordy.UK Guest

    > I have the misfortune of having an 'e machine' - PC World's own brand
    > PCs. As lovely as it is, it bugs the hell out of me that I have to
    > look at their logo everytime I boot up. I've been into the bios and
    > just states that it's a " Pheonix AWARDBios" but lists no version
    > number.

    I take it you've looked for an option to turn it off in the BIOS ?

    I have a couple of S478 boards lying around that boot up with a Packard
    Bell logo, there was an option in the BIOS that said something like
    "diable customer logo".

    --
    Lordy.UK
    Lordy.UK, Nov 1, 2004
  10. R.Paulson

    Lordy.UK Guest

    > I have a couple of S478 boards lying around that boot up with a Packard
    > Bell logo, there was an option in the BIOS that said something like
    > "diable customer logo".

    (sic) "Disable" :)

    --
    Lordy.UK
    Lordy.UK, Nov 1, 2004
  11. R.Paulson

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >|> I have the misfortune of having an 'e machine' - PC World's own
    >| > brand PCs. As lovely as it is, it bugs the hell out of me that I
    >| > have to look at their logo everytime I boot up. I've been into the
    >| > bios and just states that it's a " Pheonix AWARDBios" but lists no
    >| > version number.
    >|
    >| I take it you've looked for an option to turn it off in the BIOS ?
    >|
    >| I have a couple of S478 boards lying around that boot up with a
    >| Packard Bell logo, there was an option in the BIOS that said
    >| something like "diable customer logo".

    The other thing to look for in BIOS settings would be "Quiet Boot", "Quick
    Boot", etc. Disabling "Quiet Boot" should force the computer to display the
    POST settings instead of the logo splash screen. But not all systems allow
    that.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~
    Toolman Tim, Nov 2, 2004