    turned this off and I'm just starting up Nero myself but I was
    wondering if there's something in the registry or whatever that I
    could change to make it startup the proper Nero automatically.

    Dogg, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Dogg

    Patrick Bold Guest

    You're a bit ahead of the curve, since Nero 6 hasn't been officially
    released yet, and so the "StartSmart" feature is an unknown. I suspect
    there's an option somewhere in Nero to disable it -- like there is for the
    startup "wizard" -- but you'd have to poke around. (Maybe it's an
    installation option.) Even then, of course, you might still have the
    autoplay problem.

    For what it's worth, this is the registry key that controls the cd autoplay
    function. The entries shown are for Nero 5.5, but you might check what you
    have and compare. The APHandler.dll version used with 5.5 is 1.0.0.1.

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Autop
    layHandlers\Handlers\BlankCDHandler]
    "InvokeProgID"="APHandler.Handler.1"
    "InvokeVerb"="BlankCD"
    "Provider"="@E:\\Ahead\\nero\\APHandler.dll,-101"
    "Action"="@E:\\Ahead\\nero\\APHandler.dll,-103"
    "DefaultIcon"="E:\\Ahead\\nero\\APHandler.dll,-202"

    Patrick Bold, Jul 25, 2003

  3. Dogg,
    you can disable the XP autostart if you go into gpedit.msc (XP Pro only)

    Start -> Run; type gpedit.msc. Sorry, I can't remember the exact tab
    it's under

    jtg6[no-spam], Jul 31, 2003
  4. Dogg

    back again Guest

    "jtg6[no-spam]" <"jtg6[no-spam]"@waikato.ac.nz> wrote in

    > Subject: Re: Changing autorun application in XP?
    > From: "jtg6[no-spam]" <"jtg6[no-spam]"@waikato.ac.nz>
    > Newsgroups: nz.comp
    >
    > Dogg,
    > you can disable the XP autostart if you go into gpedit.msc (XP Pro only)
    >
    > Start -> Run; type gpedit.msc. Sorry, I can't remember the exact tab
    > it's under

    Autoplay can be turned off in either User or Machine config under \Admin
    templates\system. The comp config overrides user config if they are
    different.

    Mark

    back again, Jul 31, 2003