    ..dat's, .ini's, & of course set up, if it's in any of these I missed it...

    TIA

    Dan

    Dan, Jun 25, 2005

  2. Dan

    Doug G Guest

    http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/ns7mailacctord.html

    Doug G, Jun 25, 2005

  3. Doug G wrote:
    > Dan wrote:
    >
    >> I have 10 email accounts & 2 news accounts. Is there any way to
    >> re-order how the appear in the left hand vertical pane? I'd like to
    >> change which one appears at the top, etc. Looked in the various TBird
    >> .dat's, .ini's, & of course set up, if it's in any of these I missed
    >> it...
    >>

    > http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/ns7mailacctord.html

    Well that's one way to do it. The Folderpane Tools extension is a much
    easier way. Some people have left comments saying it doesn't work, but
    I've had no problems with it.

    https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=thunderbird&id=258

    --
    Ryukage

    Damian Dollahite, Jun 26, 2005
  4. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Damian Dollahite wrote:
    > Doug G wrote:
    >
    >> Dan wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have 10 email accounts & 2 news accounts. Is there any way to
    >>> re-order how the appear in the left hand vertical pane? I'd like to
    >>> change which one appears at the top, etc. Looked in the various
    >>> TBird .dat's, .ini's, & of course set up, if it's in any of these I
    >>> missed it...
    >>>

    >> http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/ns7mailacctord.html

    > Well that's one way to do it. The Folderpane Tools extension is a much
    > easier way. Some people have left comments saying it doesn't work, but
    > I've had no problems with it.
    >
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=thunderbird&id=258

    Thanks for the replies. I looked at the method suggested by Doug,
    looking at the line
    "user_pref("mail.accountmanager.accounts",account1,account2,account3,account4")
    I assumed the order listed would reflect the order in which the accounts
    now appear, using this assumption I re-ordered them as I wanted, some
    changed, some didn't. Weird. I'll give the plug in a try. Seems like
    a simple drag method would be a good addition...

    Dan

    Dan, Jun 26, 2005
  5. Dan uitte de volgende tekst op 26/06/2005 17:51:

    Then why don't you file a bug in bugzilla? http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    Interesting websites:
    www.lieverleven.be (I cooperate)
    www.eu04.com European Referendum Campaign
    aouw.org The Art Of Urban Warfare

    Hendrik Maryns, Jun 26, 2005
  6. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Hendrik Maryns wrote:
    \>
    > Then why don't you file a bug in bugzilla? http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/

    Doesn't seem like a "bug" so much as a design oversight. Anyway, I
    tried the extension, works pretty well. The email account I'd like to
    have at the top is not the "default" email, which apparently MUST be at
    the top, but it's way better than the order I had before. I've never
    understood why a "default" email account needs to be declared; why not
    just send from the account I'm using at the moment? In the case of news
    accounts, allow an email address for each of those as well.

    Dan

    Dan, Jun 26, 2005
  7. Dan uitte de volgende tekst op 26/06/2005 19:34:
    > Hendrik Maryns wrote:
    > \>
    >
    >> Then why don't you file a bug in bugzilla? http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/
    >>

    > Doesn't seem like a "bug" so much as a design oversight.

    Bugzilla is also for feature and enhancement requests. The developers
    won't change this if you don't bring it under their attention...

    H.

    Hendrik Maryns, Jun 26, 2005