    Error:10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E". They've exhausted everything they can
    think of. Any other Ideas?

    Phil

    Phil, Jan 4, 2005

  2. Phil

    Guest

    Check the server port numbers. some ISP's don't use the default
    numbers. I would suggest Norton Internet Security 2004 or 2005 suite
    they don't conflict with programs and they have out scans and auto
    protect features.

    , Jan 4, 2005

  3. Phil

    Guest

    I think that the Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL) is incorrect and
    check under the server tab to see if you have the box at the bottom "My
    server requires authentication" Settings same as incoming mail. Under
    the advanced setting tab is where you can check the port numbers. I
    would reconfirm those port numbers and check the this server requires a
    secure connections box only if it requires it, for example if the web
    mail server is a secured server then isually the pop server is.

    , Jan 4, 2005
  4. Phil

    Stevo Guest

    Phil wrote:
    > I changed my DSL ISP this a.m. With the help of the new ISP (Telus)
    > tech we did all the reconfiguring. I could receive but not send
    > email in OE6 in
    > Win98. I could still send and receive in web-mail. I uninstalled the
    > AV and FW (E-Trust Armor) and still no go. The error message reads
    > "The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.telus.net',
    > Server: '19X.18X.22X.24X', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
    > Socket Error:10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E". They've exhausted
    > everything they can think of. Any other Ideas?
    >
    > Phil

    Your ISP's website isn't much help, but my guess with your problem, is
    that your OUTGOING mail server is set incorrectly, it is unlikely to be
    pop.telus.net... 'pop' is usually used for incoming mail servers...

    Maybe try smtp.telus.net or call them back and find out what it should
    be set to...

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

    Stevo, Jan 4, 2005
  5. Phil

    WormWood Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in message
    >I changed my DSL ISP this a.m. With the help of the new ISP (Telus)
    >tech we did
    > all the reconfiguring. I could receive but not send email in OE6 in
    > Win98. I could still send and receive in web-mail. I uninstalled the
    > AV and
    > FW (E-Trust Armor) and still no go. The error message reads "The
    > connection
    > to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.telus.net', Server:
    > '19X.18X.22X.24X', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
    > Error:10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E". They've exhausted everything
    > they can
    > think of. Any other Ideas?

    Error:10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E:

    You may need to adjust the name of your smpt (outgoing mail) server and
    possibly uncheck the "secure SSL." Contact your isp once again and if
    necessary, ask for the supervisor if you can't resolve this issue. You
    are being charged for a service you're not receiving.
    <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Error%3A10060+Error+Number%3A+0x800CCC0E&btnG=Google+Search>

    WormWood, Jan 4, 2005
  6. Phil

    WormWood Guest

    SMTP, dammit
    <blush>

    WormWood, Jan 4, 2005
  7. Phil

    Wanderer Guest

    (Phil) wrote:

    >I changed my DSL ISP this a.m. With the help of the new ISP (Telus) tech we did
    >all the reconfiguring. I could receive but not send email in OE6 in
    >Win98. I could still send and receive in web-mail. I uninstalled the AV and
    >FW (E-Trust Armor) and still no go. The error message reads "The connection
    >to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.telus.net', Server:
    >'19X.18X.22X.24X', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
    >Error:10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E". They've exhausted everything they can
    >think of. Any other Ideas?
    >
    >Phil

    I'm finding that multiple user profiles combined with antivirus settings
    spread across user, firewalls, admin, and guest accounts, has gotten
    complex to the point of the inability to get every program to negotiate
    well.

    Most likely it is in the profile settings. If anyone has a solution,
    I'm interested as well.

    Wanderer, Jan 4, 2005
  8. <> wrote in message
    > Check the server port numbers. some ISP's don't use the default
    > numbers. I would suggest Norton Internet Security 2004 or 2005 suite

    Why, do you own stock in Symantec?

    > they don't conflict with programs

    I get it! It's a bit! Man, that's one of the funniest lines I've ever read.
    Just be sure to use it only at things like IT conventions...

    Oxford Systems, Jan 4, 2005
  9. Phil

    lsj7 Guest

    Phil wrote:
    > I changed my DSL ISP this a.m. With the help of the new ISP (Telus)
    > tech we did all the reconfiguring. I could receive but not send
    > email in OE6 in
    > Win98. I could still send and receive in web-mail. I uninstalled the
    > AV and
    > FW (E-Trust Armor) and still no go. The error message reads "The
    > connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.telus.net', Server:
    > '19X.18X.22X.24X', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
    > Error:10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E". They've exhausted everything
    > they can think of. Any other Ideas?
    >
    > Phil

    When I changed it was my password.........doh!

    --

    Cherish, therefore, the spirit of our people, and keep alive their
    attention. .If once they become inattentive to the public affairs, you

    _________Jefferson to Carrington 1787

    lsj7

    lsj7, Jan 5, 2005
  10. Phil

    achikaru

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2007
    Messages:
    5
    Try to verify if you're in pop or imap mail server. in telus they the 2 kinds of servers, might as well check it especially if you are in high speed enhanced 3.0, you are in imap automatically.
    if still your oe6 doesn't work with the correct settings that you have and you also have your email working in webmail, might as well contact microsoft about your oe6.
    tell them that you have the correct settings and you called telus about it. your oe6 might need some patches or re-install.
    have you tried re-creating the account? try it, it might work! ;):lollypop:

    achikaru, Apr 14, 2007