    How can I change my Icons on my thousands of pictures back to Photo Deluxe Home
    Edition. Windows 98se. They all have changed to Quick Time. I am afraid to delete
    Quick Time in fear of losing all my pictures. Please help.

    CdLSRN, Dec 17, 2005

  2. CdLSRN

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:xq_of.431$,
    CdLSRN spewed forth:
    > How can I change my Icons on my thousands of pictures back to Photo
    > Deluxe Home Edition. Windows 98se. They all have changed to Quick
    > Time. I am afraid to delete Quick Time in fear of losing all my
    > pictures. Please help.

    1) be patient. This isn't a chat room. No need to post the same question
    twice in 15 minutes.

    2) uninstalling Quicktime will not delete your pictures, but it won't fix
    your problem either.

    3) you need to set the file associations. I don't have Win98 on my PCs
    anymore, so I can't talk you thru it step by step, but you can search the
    web (www.google.com or other search engine) for information on setting up
    file associations in Win98 and there's plenty of help out there.

    Or wait (see #1) a few minutes like a good little CdlSRN and someone who
    does know the steps in W98 will answer your question shortly.

    Toolman Tim, Dec 17, 2005

  3. CdLSRN

    CdLSRN Guest

    I did what was suggested (I picked a picture, pressed shift and right clicked on it
    and pressed 'open with' and put a check next to ..open all with this program) and
    have changed the program that the pictures open with back to Photo Deluxe , however
    the icon is still Quick Time. How do I remedy this? Thank you

    CdLSRN, Dec 17, 2005
  4. CdLSRN

    samuel Guest

    "CdLSRN" <> wrote in

    > I did what was suggested (I picked a picture, pressed shift
    > and right clicked on it and pressed 'open with' and put a
    > check next to ..open all with this program) and have changed
    > the program that the pictures open with back to Photo Deluxe ,
    > however the icon is still Quick Time. How do I remedy this?
    > Thank you

    go to photo deluxe and look in menu
    preferences maybe
    see if there is place in program to associate files

    samuel, Dec 17, 2005
  5. CdLSRN

    Ian Moyce Guest

    samuel wrote:

    > "CdLSRN" <> wrote in
    >
    >> I did what was suggested (I picked a picture, pressed shift
    >> and right clicked on it and pressed 'open with' and put a
    >> check next to ..open all with this program) and have changed
    >> the program that the pictures open with back to Photo Deluxe ,
    >> however the icon is still Quick Time. How do I remedy this?
    >> Thank you

    > go to photo deluxe and look in menu
    > preferences maybe
    > see if there is place in program to associate files

    go to the wise man. give him a grape. say that the ginger man sent you.

    he will give you pie.

    take pie to the fat man.

    he will give you a key

    take the key to the ironsmith

    he will give you a strap-on.

    Ian Moyce, Dec 17, 2005
  6. CdLSRN

    geothermal Guest

    CdLSRN wrote:

    > How can I change my Icons on my thousands of pictures back to Photo Deluxe Home
    > Edition. Windows 98se. They all have changed to Quick Time. I am afraid to delete
    > Quick Time in fear of losing all my pictures. Please help.

    Past halfway down the webpage has some info that should work to change
    the icons.

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/archive/win98/maintain/assoc.mspx

    geothermal

    --