    If I have a letter or document I want to send via E-mail or just to keep in
    my files as a PDF and It is in a Microsoft word format 2000 or higher how
    can I change this Microsoft word or document into a PDF. Thanks to all

    Tom, Nov 21, 2010

  2. Tom

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news:4ce961b3$0$31284$ "Tom" <>
    wrote:

    > If I have a letter or document I want to send via E-mail or just to
    > keep in my files as a PDF and It is in a Microsoft word format 2000 or
    > higher how can I change this Microsoft word or document into a PDF.
    > Thanks to all

    Don't know what version of Word you're using, but Word 2007 can save as
    PDF.

    Writer, the word processing component of OpenOffice can save as PDF too.

    http://www.openoffice.org/

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Nov 21, 2010

  3. Tom

    Mike Easter Guest

    Tom wrote:
    > If I have a letter or document I want to send via E-mail or just to keep in
    > my files as a PDF and It is in a Microsoft word format 2000 or higher how
    > can I change this Microsoft word or document into a PDF. Thanks to all

    - if your v. of Word permits it, save as .pdf
    - if your v. of Word doesn't permit it, use a print to .pdf tool
    - alternatively, open the doc in OO and use its save as .pdf

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Nov 21, 2010
  4. Tom

    VanguardLH Guest

    Tom wrote:

    > If I have a letter or document I want to send via E-mail or just to
    > keep in my files as a PDF and It is in a Microsoft word format 2000
    > or higher how can I change this Microsoft word or document into a
    > PDF.

    Save as .pdf (in the app you used to create it, if available).

    Get a PDF printer driver. Any app that can print can send its output to
    this printer driver. There are lots of these PDF printer driver
    programs available (some are free). A couple good ones are PDFcreator
    and Bullzip PDF (I trialed several and went with PDFcreator but
    eventually moved to Bullzip). The folks in alt.comp.freeware (once you
    get past all the flame and bickering posts) can help in finding other
    PDF printer driver software. Nitro provides free online converters
    (provided you don't care about privacy or sensitive docs), like at:

    File to PDF: http://www.primopdf.com/online.aspx
    Web page to PDF: http://www.pdfdownload.org/free-html-to-pdf.aspx
    They have PDF to other-filetype converters, too.

    Stay away from their NitroPDF Reader program. Not only is it still in
    beta after many months but it sucks (when last tested by me) regarding
    disk and memory consumption. See the thread at:

    http://groups.google.com/group/alt....958ecf7ba22/07d89b21b0b306dd#07d89b21b0b306dd

    VanguardLH, Nov 21, 2010
  5. Tom

    Ian Field Guest

    "Tom" <> wrote in message
    > If I have a letter or document I want to send via E-mail or just to keep
    > in my files as a PDF and It is in a Microsoft word format 2000 or higher
    > how can I change this Microsoft word or document into a PDF. Thanks to
    > all

    Cutepdf is one alternative - when you install it, it masquerades as an
    installed printer.

    Set Cutepdf as default printer, then open the document in its native app and
    select print - it will be 'printed' to a pdf file instead of output to your
    physical printer.

    Ian Field, Nov 21, 2010