Change region code and PAL to NTSC?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Aloke Prasad, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. Aloke Prasad

    Aloke Prasad Guest

    Sorry for the crosspostings. All followups are to alt.video.dvdr

    I am in US. I bought a DVD from India. It has the "wrong" region code and
    video format (PAL vs NTSC). I can play the disk on my PC but not on the
    set-top DVD player (Sony DVP-NS425P) because of either region code or video
    type or both. I get the error "Playback Prohibited By Area Limitations".

    The disc is not DSS scrambled, as far as I can tell (the VOB files can be
    copied to my hard drive and played in Media Player).The size of the files on
    the original DVD is about 3.2 GB.

    I installed DVDRegionFree (3.32), DVDXCopy (4.0.3.8), DVDFab (1.51) on my
    PC. I also have Roxio ECDC6 which included their DVDBuilder software.

    I tried copying the disk to DVD-R to remove the region code and convert the
    video to NTSC. So far I have done all these without success:

    1. try DVDXCopy (latest version) - the copied disk still fails to play in
    the set-top player.

    2. try DVDFab (latest version) - same thing.

    Any ideas on how to proceed next?

    Thanks
    --
    Aloke