    How do you change order in which things load at start -up? My internet
    connection is now loading last. I would like it to load first.
    anyone???
    Kue2, Feb 17, 2007

  2. Kue2

    Jane C Guest

    In Vista? It takes a while for the network icon to show as connected in the
    tray, but your net connection will be working well before it decides to say
    it is connected. I get online after bootup even though the icon has a red X
    over it!!

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)

    Jane C, Feb 17, 2007

  3. Kue2

    Dshai Guest

    This one interests me, I too have the connection late in startup, and it
    truly is late, the only reason I know is my Gmail notifyer (don't laugh) and
    my instant messengers won't connect, there's no access for them to do so
    untill the icon for the network shows and shows connection. I'd wrote it off
    to just how it had to be, I'd be interested to know a method for fixing the
    problem though.

    --

    Dshai

    Life is only limited by those living it...

    Dshai, Feb 18, 2007
  4. Kue2

    John Barnes Guest

    From what key does the Gmail notifier run? You could try putting a shortcut
    to it in the startup folder, that seems to run late in the startup process.

    John Barnes, Feb 18, 2007
  5. Kue2

    John Barnes Guest

    You can also use task scheduler to have events happen only when a specified
    network connection is available.

    John Barnes, Feb 18, 2007
  6. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Thanks Jane!
    This morning my internet connection loaded 2nd. I had no programs
    complaining about the internet not being connected.The order must be totally
    random...................?As I didn't change anything.

    Kue2, Feb 18, 2007