change of router ip add

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by mayfriday, Dec 7, 2007.

  1. mayfriday

    mayfriday Guest

    The situation is this, using Thomson speedtouch 570 gateway (192.168.1.1). At
    first all the 3 pc were able to connect to internet, (pc1 wired, pc2 wireless
    and LT3 wireless).As my friend is using pc2 and god knows what when wrong,
    were unable to connect to internet. Thinink that it could be virus etc that
    causes the problem, I scan her harddisk at my place and I was able to go
    internet wireless. (at my place).

    But when I brought it back to her place, it fails to connect to the
    internet. It was able to detect their own sssid but cannot connect to the
    internet and there is no mistake in the security pasword. It always say
    "Little or no connectivity" at the icon. I also happen to see, think in one
    of the dialogue box "general/support' it says something like ".. because it
    cannot assign the ip address and the ip/gateway/subnetmask etc are 'blank'
    not even 'zeros',

    So I reconfigure the router (using pc1) and pc2 were able to go . I did not
    check if pc1 can go internet but I assume it can since its connect directly
    by wired. However LT3 cannot access the internet.
    But whe the rounter home address were change to 192.168.1.1 both pc1 and LT3
    were able to go internet but not pc2. Why is that? What must I do so that pc3
    will be able to go internet with router address as 192.168.1.1

    Sorry for the long winding story but I guess you get the idea and I look
    forward for guidance, thanks
    mayfriday, Dec 7, 2007

  2. Hi
    Check the TCP/IP configuration of all computers (
    http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html ).
    If any of the PCs has a manual IP configuration that does not fit the
    Router's IP (subnet) it has to be changed.
    If all computers are configured for "auto obtain" IP from the Router's DHCP
    then it should not matter.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).
    ..

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 8, 2007