    I've googled and man'ed but no joy.....TIA

    Regards
    Miguel.....please don't let it be something blindingly obvious :)

    Miguel, May 5, 2007

  2. Miguel wrote:
    > Hi all....anyone know the command/syntax to change the keyboard from
    > belgian layout to us-english layout (or, for that matter, any layout to
    > another layout)
    >
    > I'm playing around with fccu-linux from the command line and it defaults
    > to a belgian keyboard.
    >
    > I've googled and man'ed but no joy.....TIA
    >
    > Regards
    > Miguel.....please don't let it be something blindingly obvious :)

    Does
    env | grep LANG
    reveal anything interesting ?

    Mark Robinson, May 5, 2007

  3. Miguel wrote:
    > Hi all....anyone know the command/syntax to change the keyboard from
    > belgian layout to us-english layout (or, for that matter, any layout to
    > another layout)
    >
    > I'm playing around with fccu-linux from the command line and it defaults
    > to a belgian keyboard.
    >
    > I've googled and man'ed but no joy.....TIA
    >
    > Regards
    > Miguel.....please don't let it be something blindingly obvious :)

    loadkeyd
    should do the business

    http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/0138

    Mark Robinson, May 5, 2007
  4. Miguel

    Miguel Guest

    > loadkeyd
    > should do the business
    >
    > http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/0138

    Thanks Mark. loadkeys is something I didn't know about. After reading the
    article I'm not a lot wiser but at least I'm aware of it.

    FWIW, I was looking around fccu-linux boot-up options and found that
    entering 'fccu keyb=us" at the prompt sets the keyboard layout to
    us-international which is what I originally wanted.

    Thanks
    Miguel

    Miguel, May 5, 2007
  5. In message <>, Miguel wrote:

    > ....anyone know the command/syntax to change the keyboard from
    > belgian layout to us-english layout (or, for that matter, any layout to
    > another layout)

    Note that there two different layout settings: the kernel one (used for
    character-mode virtual consoles) and the X server one (used for text input
    to GUI programs).

    The former is settable using loadkeys(1), the latter is controlled through
    the "XkbLayout" option in the "InputDevice" section that defines your
    keyboard device in xorg.conf(5).

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 18, 2007