    wizard I keep getting the error message to change my PC,s IP address to match
    the print server IP Address.

    How do I do this or should I?

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9uZXM=?=, Jan 29, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Qm9uZXM=?=

    Lem Guest

    Bones wrote:
    > I bought a Linksys wireless print server today and when running the setup
    > wizard I keep getting the error message to change my PC,s IP address to match
    > the print server IP Address.
    >
    > How do I do this or should I?

    It is highly unlikely that the setup wizard would tell you to make your
    PC's IP address the same as the print server's IP address -- that
    wouldn't work.

    Please post the error message accurately and completely.

    Also, to increase the chances that someone will be able to help,
    describe your setup, including what version of Windows you have, what
    other wireless hardware you have (including in your PC and external to
    it, e.g., a router), and how your existing wireless network is setup.

    Lem, Jan 29, 2006

    =?Utf-8?B?bGVl?=, Jan 29, 2006
  4. I'm using Windows XP Home and I would like to know how to change my IP
    address. Can you tell me what to expect if I change it?

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9uZXM=?=, Jan 29, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Qm9uZXM=?=

    __spc__ Guest

    "Bones" <> wrote in message
    > I'm using Windows XP Home and I would like to know how to change my IP
    > address. Can you tell me what to expect if I change it?
    >
    > "Bones" wrote:
    >
    >> I bought a Linksys wireless print server today and when running the setup
    >> wizard I keep getting the error message to change my PC,s IP address to
    >> match
    >> the print server IP Address.
    >>
    >> How do I do this or should I?

    Open My Network Connections, right mouse click on the network adaptor you
    use, select Properties > General Tab, then from the list of 'Items', select
    TCP/IP and Properties again. Select 'Use the following IP address' and
    enter your details.

    Before you do all this, do Start Menu > Run and type cmd.exe. In the DOS
    window that appears, type ipconfig /all. You will see here all the IP
    address details that you need to enter above. Just change the use the IP
    address you want.

    My router issues IP addresses between 192.168.1.100 and 192.168.1.105.
    Because I have set up my laptop as a media server for my Media Player, I
    always want my laptop to be 192.168.1.101, so I enter that.

    Regardless of the order in which PCs join my network, my laptop always get
    the .101 address.

    __spc__, Jan 29, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Qm9uZXM=?=

    Lem Guest

    Bones wrote:

    > I'm using Windows XP Home and I would like to know how to change my IP
    > address. Can you tell me what to expect if I change it?
    >
    > "Bones" wrote:
    >

    >>I bought a Linksys wireless print server today and when running the setup
    >>wizard I keep getting the error message to change my PC,s IP address to match
    >>the print server IP Address.
    >>
    >>How do I do this or should I?

    Bones,
    What you can expect if you change your IP address without understanding
    what you're doing is that your wireless communication, and perhaps your
    Internet connection as well, will probably not work.

    Lem, Jan 29, 2006