Change in config on 1700 when firewall is introduced - HELP!

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Kapamarou, Dec 29, 2003.

  1. Kapamarou

    Kapamarou Guest

    Hi everyone,

    we have a 1721 which was serving as a router/firewall up until now on an
    ADSL line.

    We recently purchased a Watchguard 700 firewall to sit next to it. I assume
    that the IOS config needs to be altered as follows:

    - remove access lists controlling incoming traffic
    - remove NAT statements

    Now the firewall is configured with a Public IP in the same range as the
    Cisco but I cannot see how the Cisco will know to trust those queries and
    route them successfully through the Dialer interface.

    Any help will be appreciated.

    TIA,

    Kapa

    Kapamarou, Dec 29, 2003