    This question was asked recently, but I cannot locate the post. How to
    change the default start directory for explorer. I know something is added
    to the path, but what?
    John, Sep 24, 2005

  2. John

    Thip Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    news:gUgZe.13985$...
    > This question was asked recently, but I cannot locate the post. How to
    > change the default start directory for explorer. I know something is
    > added to the path, but what?

    /e,c:\

    (Or replace C:\ with whatever drive you want Explorer to start in).
    Thip, Sep 24, 2005

  3. John

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 18:27:24 GMT, John wrote:

    >This question was asked recently, but I cannot locate the post. How to
    >change the default start directory for explorer. I know something is added
    >to the path, but what?

    You mean explorer oprions rather then changing something in PATH?

    windows explorer command line switches

    MS Articles, you didn't specify which version of Windows.
    95 / 98 / NT /Me
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q130/5/10.ASP
    Command-Line Switches for Windows Explorer

    2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q257518
    HOW TO: Have Windows Explorer Default to the %SystemRoot% Drive When
    Started

    XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307856&sd=tech
    How To Customize the Windows Explorer Views in Windows XP

    Me
    why?, Sep 24, 2005
  4. John

    Unk Guest

    On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 18:27:24 GMT, "John" <> wrote:

    >This question was asked recently, but I cannot locate the post. How to
    >change the default start directory for explorer. I know something is added
    >to the path, but what?

    This?

    Explorer - Open Explorer to a Specific Folder
    http://www.shareup.com/dadioh/open-explorer-to-a-folder.html

    For Windows XP, right click on the shortcut and select 'Properties'.
    Change the target to:

    %systemroot%\explorer.exe /n,/e,C:\
    Unk, Sep 25, 2005