Change Exchange Server 2003 Services Account

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by zubero, Nov 23, 2007.

  1. zubero

    zubero Guest

    Hello:

    I'm trying to change the logon account of the various Exchange services
    (System Attendant, Information Store, etc.) from the local machine to a
    domain user account with Enterpirse Admins, Domain Admins and Schema
    Admins, group rights.

    However once, I restart these services with the new account instead of the
    local account, it no longer works.

    I am using a MSPress Book ("Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange
    Server 2003") as a guideline, where it explains how to do it. After
    researching for a while, I also found this
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;239762
    &Product=exch2003.
    So, which is the right document?

    Has anyone ever been able to start Exchange services under a different
    accout other then the local account?

    Thanks in advance.

    zubero, Nov 23, 2007

  2. zubero

    IT Geek Guest

    I have never been able to get that portion working, I believe it is a typo
    with the MS Press book. I have also worked with MS and they have also
    suggested that you leave it at local system

    IT Geek, Nov 24, 2007

  3. zubero

    zubero Guest

    "IT Geek" <> wrote in

    > I have never been able to get that portion working, I believe it is a
    > typo with the MS Press book. I have also worked with MS and they have
    > also suggested that you leave it at local system
    >
    > "zubero" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> I'm trying to change the logon account of the various Exchange
    >> services (System Attendant, Information Store, etc.) from the local
    >> machine to a domain user account with Enterpirse Admins, Domain
    >> Admins and Schema Admins, group rights.
    >>
    >> However once, I restart these services with the new account instead
    >> of the local account, it no longer works.
    >>
    >> I am using a MSPress Book ("Implementing and Managing Microsoft
    >> Exchange Server 2003") as a guideline, where it explains how to do
    >> it. After researching for a while, I also found this
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;239762
    >> &Product=exch2003.
    >> So, which is the right document?
    >>
    >> Has anyone ever been able to start Exchange services under a
    >> different accout other then the local account?
    >>

    >> Thanks in advance.

    Thank you for your answer.
    I must admit I have been looking for a way to get it, but I didn't find it.
    It is hard to believe this kind of "mistakes" take place but I must admit
    the evidence.

    If someone finds the way to improve it, please, explain it to me.

    --
    Carlos Jiménez
    CCNA, CEH

    zubero, Nov 25, 2007