    Can anybody tell me how to change my default email client in Netscape
    navigator 7.2 to outlook express. (using win 98se)
    Thanks for help
    Anon, Apr 20, 2006

  2. Anon

    Peaches Guest

    "Anon" <> wrote in message
    news:IVR1g.8310$...
    > Can anybody tell me how to change my default email client in Netscape
    > navigator 7.2 to outlook express. (using win 98se)
    > Thanks for help

    To don't actually change, or migrate etc, you just set up OE
    It involves configuring OE with your Email accounts POP3 and SMTP servers.
    These details will be supplied by your ISP/email account provider:
    Once you have those details, follow this guide:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/171163/en-us

    If you have an AOL account, it is only recently that AOL reconfigured
    their propriatary email servers to be compatible with OE.
    Though many features are still not available for AOL accounts, and
    If you are AOL'er you maybe best staying with netscape.
    Read more:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883081/en-us
    Peaches, Apr 20, 2006

  3. Anon wrote:

    > Can anybody tell me how to change my default email client in Netscape
    > navigator 7.2 to outlook express. (using win 98se)

    Start OE. Go to Tools > Options > General tab
    Click the appropriate button.

    But why would you want to do this, downgrade from a two-year-old app to
    a six-year-old app? Why not upgrade your old version of Netscape to the
    latest Seamonkey ?

    http://mozilla.com/seamonkey

    --
    -bts