    Bill Roberts | Rutgers '66
    billr at klaritykonnect.com | Owego, NY
    PGP fingerprint: D7C4 BCEF 0B53 C703 088B D893 6294 1117 EDF1 37FC

    Bill Roberts, Jul 9, 2006

  2. Bill Roberts

    dfrog Guest

    "Bill Roberts" <> wrote in message
    news:p...
    > How can I change the font used for the icons on the desktop? The
    > appearence tab in the display is for the windows on the desktop. I want
    > to modify the font used for the icons on the desktop.
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > --
    > Bill Roberts | Rutgers '66
    > billr at klaritykonnect.com | Owego, NY
    > PGP fingerprint: D7C4 BCEF 0B53 C703 088B D893 6294 1117 EDF1 37FC

    Bill,
    Appearance - Advanced button - Item window choose 'Icon' - you'll then see
    'font' window & 'size' window to enable you to do what you want.
    HTH

    dfrog

    dfrog, Jul 9, 2006

  3. "dfrog" <> wrote in message

    > "Bill Roberts" <> wrote in message
    >> How can I change the font used for the icons on the desktop? The
    >> appearence tab in the display is for the windows on the desktop. I want
    >> to modify the font used for the icons on the desktop.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Bill Roberts | Rutgers '66
    >> billr at klaritykonnect.com | Owego, NY
    >> PGP fingerprint: D7C4 BCEF 0B53 C703 088B D893 6294 1117 EDF1 37FC
    >>

    > Bill,
    > Appearance - Advanced button - Item window choose 'Icon' - you'll then see
    > 'font' window & 'size' window to enable you to do what you want.

    If he's using using a XP style though he'll have to do some hacking with
    StyleBuilder or similar.

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Jul 9, 2006
  4. Bill Roberts

    dfrog Guest

    "Synapse Syndrome" <> wrote in message

    > "dfrog" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Bill Roberts" <> wrote in message
    >>> How can I change the font used for the icons on the desktop? The
    >>> appearence tab in the display is for the windows on the desktop. I want
    >>> to modify the font used for the icons on the desktop.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for any help.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Bill Roberts | Rutgers '66
    >>> billr at klaritykonnect.com | Owego, NY
    >>> PGP fingerprint: D7C4 BCEF 0B53 C703 088B D893 6294 1117 EDF1 37FC
    >>>

    >> Bill,
    >> Appearance - Advanced button - Item window choose 'Icon' - you'll then
    >> see 'font' window & 'size' window to enable you to do what you want.

    > If he's using using a XP style though he'll have to do some hacking with
    > StyleBuilder or similar.
    >
    > ss.

    Syn Syn,
    I wasn't aware of that, but I'm using XP Style (under Windows & Buttons on
    the Appearance Tab), and have just done what I said above & it worked just
    fine.
    Not setting up an argument here 'cos I don't know enough to do so.

    dfrog

    dfrog, Jul 10, 2006
  5. "dfrog" <> wrote in message

    > "Synapse Syndrome" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "dfrog" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Bill Roberts" <> wrote in message

    >>> Bill,
    >>> Appearance - Advanced button - Item window choose 'Icon' - you'll then
    >>> see 'font' window & 'size' window to enable you to do what you want.

    >> If he's using using a XP style though he'll have to do some hacking with
    >> StyleBuilder or similar.
    >>
    >> ss.

    > Syn Syn,
    > I wasn't aware of that, but I'm using XP Style (under Windows & Buttons on
    > the Appearance Tab), and have just done what I said above & it worked just
    > fine.
    > Not setting up an argument here 'cos I don't know enough to do so.

    Ah. ok you are correct. From the first week I started using XP I have been
    using different evolutions of the MacOS Aqua themes and have customised them
    myself to make something exactly what I wanted. I also use the Watercolor
    theme which was Microsoft's original look for XP in the early betas, before
    they came up with the disgusting and childish looking thing they finalised
    with. So for all these years I didn't realise that the default themes were
    customisable in that way. Cheers.

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Jul 10, 2006