    Like most people I get a lot of spam,and nothing seems to stop it. would
    changing my email address do any good ? and what is munging and how is it
    done ?

    miklol, Dec 8, 2003

  2. miklol

    Patrick Guest

    miklol wrote:
    > Like most people I get a lot of spam,and nothing seems to stop it.
    > would changing my email address do any good ? and what is munging and
    > how is it done ?

    Heres a link to a page that explains the matter;

    The general idea of what to do is;
    From 'Outlook Express', Click 'Tools' on the menu bar, Click 'Accounts...',
    Select 'News' tab
    Highlight account your concerned with (maybe only one)
    Click 'Properties' button, Select 'General' tab (probably allready selected)

    In the box titled 'E-mail address' you need to change your real e-mail
    address to something like;
    lid, which will completely hide your e-mail address (note; 'a' and
    'b' can be whatever you want). The only thing this dialog box will insist on
    is the '@' character.

    Patrick, Dec 8, 2003

  3. miklol

    Billy Guest

    Hmmm.Tried that but OE will not allow me to post with my addy modified......

    Billy, Dec 8, 2003
  4. miklol

    Billy Guest

    All well and good but OE refuses to allow me post with my addy so
    modified....

    Billy, Dec 8, 2003
  5. miklol

    Billy Guest

    Hmmm.tried that but OE will not allow me to post with modified addy.....

    Billy, Dec 8, 2003
  6. miklol

    Billy Guest

    Three Strikes and OUT !!!

    Billy, Dec 8, 2003
  7. miklol

    Boomer Guest

    "Billy" <> wrote in

    > Hmmm.Tried that but OE will not allow me to post with my addy
    > modified......

    Please use a TEST group to post test messages.

    alt.test --------------------------------->
    misc.test ------------------------------>
    um.test -------------------------------->
    za.test --------------------------------->

    The purpose of *test* newsgroups is to allow users to test
    their news software and servers without annoying others.

    FYI http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/testpost.html

    Thank You :)

    Boomer, Dec 8, 2003
  8. miklol

    Patrick Guest

    Billy wrote:
    > Hmmm.Tried that but OE will not allow me to post with my addy
    > modified......

    In that case, your address will have to remain as it is now;
    <>

    --
    What comes around, goes around !

    Patrick, Dec 8, 2003
  9. miklol

    Richard Guest

    Billy! wrote:

    > Hmmm.tried that but OE will not allow me to post with modified addy.....

    Really? Check out my addy. I use OE 6.
    I've never had a problem muning addy's.
    OE could care less what you use. Just so long as the format is valid.
    will work.
    but if you try sucker @ foo.bar , it won't.

    Richard, Dec 8, 2003
  10. miklol

    Billy Guest

    Wonder if this will work.......lets see...Light Blue Touch Paper and
    retire.......

    Billy, Dec 8, 2003
  11. miklol

    Patrick Guest

    Billy wrote:
    > Wonder if this will work.......lets see...Light Blue Touch Paper and
    > retire.......

    "Can a man take fire to his bosom and his garments not be burned?" -
    Proverbs 6:27

    Patrick, Dec 8, 2003
  12. miklol

    Billy Guest

    Yea.and it came to pass that those who hade taken benefit from the posted
    wisdom of others,bowed down and gave thanks.

    Billy 5.03

    Billy, Dec 8, 2003
  13. miklol

    Boomer Guest

    "Billy" <> wrote in

    > Yea.and it came to pass that those who hade taken benefit from the
    > posted wisdom of others,bowed down and gave thanks.
    >
    > Billy 5.03

    Do you own loser.com? If not you are sending spam to that domain!

    Registrant:
    Loser.Com
    410 Mill St. Ste#201
    Mt.Pleasant, SC 29464
    US

    Domain name: LOSER.COM

    ~ Munging ~
    http://www.ecofuture.org/jmnews.html#hide

    If you use Outlook Express go to...
    Tools> Accounts...> News tab> Properties button> General tab.
    Under "User Information" change the "Name", "E-mail address"
    and "Reply address" fields.

    Example: lid

    Verify that it is Not a valid domain here:
    http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/

    Boomer, Dec 8, 2003