    Emachines, no luck
    Chicony, no luck.

    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Jan 18, 2007

  2. Meat Plow

    SJP Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    news:p-meatplow.local...

    > Need a file named zhotkey.exe.
    > Googled it with no luck
    > Gateway'd it no luck
    > Emachines, no luck
    > Chicony, no luck.

    Got a Chicony keyboard then?
    Seems to be a file associated with them
    SJP, Jan 18, 2007

  3. Meat Plow

    Senti Guest

    SJP wrote:
    > "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > news:p-meatplow.local...
    >> Need a file named zhotkey.exe.
    >> Googled it with no luck
    >> Gateway'd it no luck
    >> Emachines, no luck
    >> Chicony, no luck.
    >>

    > Got a Chicony keyboard then?
    > Seems to be a file associated with them

    I'm guessing the OP already knew that since searching Chicony was
    mentioned already. :p

    Meat Plow, since it seems to be associated with Emachines, have you
    tried searching through the .cab files on the Emachine's install/restore
    disks?
    Senti, Jan 18, 2007
  4. Meat Plow <> wrote in

    > Need a file named zhotkey.exe.
    > Googled it with no luck
    > Gateway'd it no luck
    > Emachines, no luck
    > Chicony, no luck.

    Looks like a third-party program supplied with Chicony's driver.
    What model keyboard is it?

    Maybe this will help:

    http://www.chicony.com.tw/download/kb/top1.asp

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    theoldsourdough at theoldsourdough dot com
    The Old Sourdough, Jan 18, 2007
  5. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:38:01 +0000, SJP Has Frothed:

    > "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Need a file named zhotkey.exe.
    >> Googled it with no luck
    >> Gateway'd it no luck
    >> Emachines, no luck
    >> Chicony, no luck.
    >>

    > Got a Chicony keyboard then?
    > Seems to be a file associated with them

    Originally probably but it's been replaced with a Logitech. Zhotkey
    provides the OSD for the keyboard's volume control but it still functions
    without. I just like the OSD or I wouldn't bother trying to find it. My
    existing file must have got corrupted since it crashes when executed.

    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Jan 18, 2007
  6. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:59:40 +0000, Senti Has Frothed:

    > SJP wrote:
    >> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    >>> Need a file named zhotkey.exe.
    >>> Googled it with no luck
    >>> Gateway'd it no luck
    >>> Emachines, no luck
    >>> Chicony, no luck.
    >>>

    >> Got a Chicony keyboard then?
    >> Seems to be a file associated with them
    >>

    > I'm guessing the OP already knew that since searching Chicony was
    > mentioned already. :p
    >
    > Meat Plow, since it seems to be associated with Emachines, have you
    > tried searching through the .cab files on the Emachine's install/restore
    > disks?

    The restore was on a seperate partition that is now gone. Even if it were
    there, it was protected with PC Angel and not browseable. But you have
    given me an idea. I have the original drive that came with the PC. I've
    since cloned the OS over to a faster SATA drive. I'll bet I can find that
    file there. Thanks.

    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Jan 18, 2007
  7. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:17:02 -0600, The Old Sourdough Has Frothed:

    > Meat Plow <> wrote in
    >

    >> Need a file named zhotkey.exe.
    >> Googled it with no luck
    >> Gateway'd it no luck
    >> Emachines, no luck
    >> Chicony, no luck.
    >>

    > Looks like a third-party program supplied with Chicony's driver.
    > What model keyboard is it?
    >
    > Maybe this will help:
    >
    > http://www.chicony.com.tw/download/kb/top1.asp

    Well I did have the file on a spare drive for that machine but when
    executed it still crashes. So there is something else at fault, no big
    deal.

    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Jan 18, 2007
  8. Meat Plow

    SJP Guest

    "Senti" <> wrote in message
    > SJP wrote:
    >> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    >>> Need a file named zhotkey.exe.
    >>> Googled it with no luck
    >>> Gateway'd it no luck
    >>> Emachines, no luck
    >>> Chicony, no luck.
    >>>

    >> Got a Chicony keyboard then?
    >> Seems to be a file associated with them

    > I'm guessing the OP already knew that since searching Chicony was
    > mentioned already. :p

    Sorry.....long day at work!
    SJP, Jan 18, 2007
  9. Meat Plow

    Senti Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:59:40 +0000, Senti Has Frothed:
    >
    >> SJP wrote:
    >>> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> Got a Chicony keyboard then?
    >>> Seems to be a file associated with them
    >>>

    >> I'm guessing the OP already knew that since searching Chicony was
    >> mentioned already. :p
    >>
    >> Meat Plow, since it seems to be associated with Emachines, have you
    >> tried searching through the .cab files on the Emachine's install/restore
    >> disks?

    > The restore was on a seperate partition that is now gone. Even if it were
    > there, it was protected with PC Angel and not browseable. But you have
    > given me an idea. I have the original drive that came with the PC. I've
    > since cloned the OS over to a faster SATA drive. I'll bet I can find that
    > file there. Thanks.

    If that doesn't work, the only other think I can think of is to email
    eMachines (or Chicony) and see if they can help you out.

    Let us know how it turns out. Good luck.
    Senti, Jan 18, 2007
  10. Meat Plow

    Senti Guest

    SJP wrote:
    > "Senti" <> wrote in message
    >> SJP wrote:
    >>> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> Got a Chicony keyboard then?
    >>> Seems to be a file associated with them

    >> I'm guessing the OP already knew that since searching Chicony was
    >> mentioned already. :p

    > Sorry.....long day at work!

    No worries. I was just being a cheeky monkey. :) I'm familiar with long
    days at work so I can sympathize. :)
    Senti, Jan 18, 2007
  11. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 19:58:01 +0000, Senti Has Frothed:

    > Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> I'm guessing the OP already knew that since searching Chicony was
    >>> mentioned already. :p
    >>>
    >>> Meat Plow, since it seems to be associated with Emachines, have you
    >>> tried searching through the .cab files on the Emachine's install/restore
    >>> disks?

    >> The restore was on a seperate partition that is now gone. Even if it were
    >> there, it was protected with PC Angel and not browseable. But you have
    >> given me an idea. I have the original drive that came with the PC. I've
    >> since cloned the OS over to a faster SATA drive. I'll bet I can find that
    >> file there. Thanks.
    >>

    > If that doesn't work, the only other think I can think of is to email
    > eMachines (or Chicony) and see if they can help you out.
    >
    > Let us know how it turns out. Good luck.

    Found the file on the other drive but it does the same thing when
    executed. Since it just drives the OSD for the keyboard vol control guess
    I can do without it.

    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Jan 18, 2007