    ENCAPSULATION:HDLC

    Thanx a pantload
    x1134x

    x1134x, Nov 11, 2005

  2. x1134x

    Frank Guest

    "x1134x" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have a Cisco 1720 with one T1 DSU WIC. It went down today.
    > Connecting through hyperterminal shows "collision errors". (I'm
    > helping a friend remotely)
    >
    > How to tell if it is fried? OK light on front is solid. WIC ok light
    > on back is solid. If not fried, How to set it up from scratch to enable
    > NAT from WIC to ethernet port?
    >
    > I have the customer connected IP I need assigned to the WIC (Ser0):
    > 70.96.130.102/255.255.255.252
    >
    > I have the Ethernet (default gateway IP I need assigned to the Ethernet
    > port Eth0):70.96.111.169/255.255.255.248
    >
    > ENCAPSULATION:HDLC
    >
    > Thanx a pantload
    > x1134x

    The model you have hasn't been sold since the end of 2003.

    Am experienced with some cisco units.

    I need to know more.

    1. Does his system have a firewall?
    2. What program are you using to access his system. ie Ghost or the like?
    3. If your 7120 is bad I refer to:
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/products_white_paper09186a00801bbee3.shtml

    This will show you how to re setup your 7120 and to test for faults internal
    as well as external issues.

    Frank

    Frank, Nov 12, 2005

  3. x1134x

    x1134x Guest

    The firewall is a cyberguard connected to the ethernet port of the
    Cisco router, so the cisco just needs to perform NAT, and forward all
    ports on to the ethernet port from the T1 WIC.

    I am not able to access his system due to the outage of the cisco, but
    we use VNC. He's conecting to it through the RS232 port using
    hyperterminal and talking to me via the phone.

    The process for the 1721 is the same as the 1720? I wasn't sure. If
    so, this should be all the help I need thanx

    x1134x

    x1134x, Nov 12, 2005