CGI won't run external program - Expect

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by chuck, Jul 30, 2005.

  1. chuck

    chuck Guest

    I'll try to keep this short.

    I have a web page. Uses forms. Submit button sends it to
    cgi-bin/prog1.cgi. Which reads:

    #!/bin/bash

    echo "Conten....
    echo "<html....
    echo "Now is the tim...
    echo "2+2" | bc
    ls -l /tmp | head

    /usr/bin/expect /var/www/cgi-bin/tune.exp

    echo "Again is the time...

    I get:

    Now is the time

    4
    total 5212
    -rw------ 1 apache apache 0 Jul 29.....
    etc....
    Again is .....
    ------------------------

    The expect script? - nada - doesn't run - nothing!
    Now if I run from the command line - it works just like I want it to work.
    total 5212
    -rw------ 1 apache apache 0 Jul 29.....
    etc....
    [ all of the output of the expect script....]
    Again is .....

    Thanks

    chuck, Jul 30, 2005