    Does there seem to be any reliable, empirical information on the
    relative reliability of different makes of compact flash cards?

    Ray
    Ray Clayton, Sep 3, 2003

  2. Ray Clayton

    Con Boylan Guest

    Don't buy Integral. They are crap, and definitely don't buy from UkDigital
    as their customer service is even worse. They would not exchange my faulty
    card.

    Con Boylan, Sep 3, 2003

  3. Ray Clayton

    Samuel Paik Guest

    Ray Clayton <> wrote:
    > Does there seem to be any reliable, empirical information on the
    > relative reliability of different makes of compact flash cards?

    It is probably unlikely that this information would be easily
    available for a number of reasons. For one thing, the reliability
    of chips is likely to vary from batch to batch even within one
    manufacturer, and it is likely that card manufacturers don't
    even use the same chip manufacturer, much less chip model,
    throughout the lifetime of a card model manufacturing run.

    Additionally, unless you have a really bad batch, flash memory
    chips are quite reliable. I do have a flash card which failed,
    after being used as a hard disk continuously (24x365) for over
    6 years in a hot environment.

    Sam
    Samuel Paik, Sep 3, 2003
  4. Ray Clayton

    Tumbleweed Guest

    > Does there seem to be any reliable, empirical information on the
    > relative reliability of different makes of compact flash cards?
    >
    > Ray

    No.

    --
    Tumbleweed

    newsgroups)
    Tumbleweed, Sep 3, 2003
  5. Ray Clayton

    Nick Bennett Guest

    "Con Boylan" <> wrote in message
    > Don't buy Integral. They are crap, and definitely don't buy from UkDigital

    Agree with the comment about Integral cards. Just had one fail - losing all
    my holiday photos. Not happy.

    Nick
    Nick Bennett, Sep 3, 2003
  6. Ray Clayton

    Graeme Guest

    > Does there seem to be any reliable, empirical information on the
    > relative reliability of different makes of compact flash cards?
    >
    > Ray

    I had a 256M Fuji card fail. Sent it back to Fuji as they offer some sort of
    rescue service. Let's see what happens.
    Graeme, Sep 3, 2003
  7. Ray Clayton

    NJH Guest

    I can't find it right now, but my recollection is that somewhere in the
    documentation supplied with a camera Minolta recommended Lexar and SanDisk
    brands of CompactFlash cards. So those are the brands I use, and I have had
    no problems so far.

    Neil

    NJH, Sep 4, 2003