    The question I have is: is this a problem with the card, or the
    Firewire reader?
    , Jul 29, 2006

  2. mickiedee Guest

    wrote:
    > I have a weird problem. I have two 2GB Kingston Elite Pro CF cards. I
    > also have a Firewire and a USB CF card reader.
    >
    > One of the two CF cards works fine in both readers. The other works
    > fine in the USB reader. But if I stick it in the Firewire reader,
    > nothing happens on my computer. However, within a few seconds, the
    > card itself gets REALLY hot.
    >
    > The question I have is: is this a problem with the card, or the
    > Firewire reader?

    It's probably the reader, I don't know what the specific problem is but
    is sounds like some kind of short and any time you talks about heat
    with electronics it can be damanging so I would just chalk it up to one
    of those things and don't put that card in the offending reader.
    mickiedee, Jul 29, 2006

  3. Guest

    mickiedee wrote:

    > It's probably the reader, I don't know what the specific problem is but
    > is sounds like some kind of short and any time you talks about heat
    > with electronics it can be damanging so I would just chalk it up to one
    > of those things and don't put that card in the offending reader.

    Well, if it were a short (and it makes sense that it is), wouldn't it
    be a short in the card, not the reader? The card gets hot, but the
    reader doesn't.
    , Jul 29, 2006
  4. JR Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > I have a weird problem. I have two 2GB Kingston Elite Pro CF cards. I
    > also have a Firewire and a USB CF card reader.
    >
    > One of the two CF cards works fine in both readers. The other works
    > fine in the USB reader. But if I stick it in the Firewire reader,
    > nothing happens on my computer. However, within a few seconds, the
    > card itself gets REALLY hot.
    >
    > The question I have is: is this a problem with the card, or the
    > Firewire reader?

    Lemme see, its a Mac, its a Lexar firewire reader and the Kingston 2gb
    card....The problem is, ALL CF CARDS DO NOT WORK IN ALL READERS.....I
    have the same issue....I just use my kingston cards in my USB readers,
    and my Lexar and Sandisk go in my firewire. The Kingston is also not
    "USB Enabled", whatever that means.....

    JR
    JR, Jul 31, 2006