    town, despite hosting the introductions of 3-4 new models from firms.
    This compares with a few years ago when it was hard to walk around due
    to crowds.
    RichA, Jan 14, 2012

  2. RichA

    Mike Guest

    On 13/01/2012 10:14 PM, RichA wrote:
    > Unless you give a damn about more cookie-cutter P&S's.
    > Once again proving that these shows are becoming more and more
    > irrelevant. The last Henry's show I was at in Toronto was a ghost-
    > town, despite hosting the introductions of 3-4 new models from firms.
    > This compares with a few years ago when it was hard to walk around due
    > to crowds.

    Henry's is just a Camera Store chain, big deal. CES is the Consumer
    Electronics Show, cameras are just a small part of the show. The PMA
    (Photo Marketing Shows) are now gone, as most makers don't release
    products to fit a show date. Even PhotoKina (2010) failed to have most
    manufacturers release during the show dates (18 to 23 September 2012)

    --
    Mike
    Mike, Jan 14, 2012

  3. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >Unless you give a damn about more cookie-cutter P&S's.
    >Once again proving that these shows are becoming more and more
    >irrelevant. The last Henry's show I was at in Toronto was a ghost-
    >town, despite hosting the introductions of 3-4 new models from firms.
    >This compares with a few years ago when it was hard to walk around due
    >to crowds.

    Contrast this with the mass hysteria when a new Apple product is
    released, or even a new HTC cell phone.
    Bruce, Jan 14, 2012