    seriously. I don't blame them. I wouldn't want my top offerings
    lumped in with the iPhones of this world.

    http://dpreview.com/
    RichA, Jan 5, 2011

  2. RichA

    Charles Guest

    "RichA" wrote in message
    news:...

    Looks like camera makers are taking this show less and less
    seriously. I don't blame them. I wouldn't want my top offerings
    lumped in with the iPhones of this world.

    http://dpreview.com/

    "Since the first CES was held in 1967, the show has grown more than tenfold,
    and this year we're looking down the wrong end of almost 3,000 exhibitors
    spread across three venues in the city. Naturally, only a portion of these
    exhibitors are photography-related, but you can be sure that we will be
    speaking to, and reporting on, all of the major players in attendance. Over
    the next few days we'll be bringing you live updates from the show,
    interviews with manufacturers, and previews of some of the latest new
    releases, so stay tuned."

    Looks like Rich is once again reaching for a conclusion that fits his
    agenda. Forum junk journalist?
    Charles, Jan 6, 2011

  3. RichA

    Eric Stevens Guest

    On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 19:50:45 -0500, "Charles"
    <> wrote:

    >"RichA" wrote in message

    Can't find that message. Luckily I have a _DECENT_ news reader. Try

    >Looks like camera makers are taking this show less and less
    >seriously. I don't blame them. I wouldn't want my top offerings
    >lumped in with the iPhones of this world.
    >
    >http://dpreview.com/
    >
    >"Since the first CES was held in 1967, the show has grown more than tenfold,
    >and this year we're looking down the wrong end of almost 3,000 exhibitors
    >spread across three venues in the city. Naturally, only a portion of these
    >exhibitors are photography-related, but you can be sure that we will be
    >speaking to, and reporting on, all of the major players in attendance. Over
    >the next few days we'll be bringing you live updates from the show,
    >interviews with manufacturers, and previews of some of the latest new
    >releases, so stay tuned."
    >
    >Looks like Rich is once again reaching for a conclusion that fits his
    >agenda. Forum junk journalist?

    Eric Stevens
    Eric Stevens, Jan 6, 2011
  4. RichA

    John A. Guest

    On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 22:18:01 +1300, Eric Stevens
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 19:50:45 -0500, "Charles"
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>"RichA" wrote in message

    >Can't find that message. Luckily I have a _DECENT_ news reader. Try

    Or
    John A., Jan 6, 2011
  5. RichA

    Dave Cohen Guest

    On 1/5/2011 5:01 PM, RichA wrote:
    > Looks like camera makers are taking this show less and less
    > seriously. I don't blame them. I wouldn't want my top offerings
    > lumped in with the iPhones of this world.
    >
    > http://dpreview.com/

    But you're happy enough to bombard this ng with your unsolicited offerings.
    Dave Cohen, Jan 6, 2011
  6. RichA

    SMS Guest

    On 1/5/2011 2:01 PM, RichA wrote:
    > I wouldn't want my top offerings lumped in with the iPhones of this world.

    Apple doesn't exhibit at CES. Nor did Apple exhibit at Comdex when they
    were solely a computer company.
    SMS, Jan 8, 2011
  7. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >Looks like camera makers are taking this show less and less
    >seriously.

    Obviously they're not taking YOU seriously.

    And with good reason.

    --
    Ray Fischer | Mendacracy (n.) government by lying
    Ray Fischer, Jan 9, 2011
  8. RichA

    John Turco Guest

    George Kerby wrote:

    > On 1/8/11 10:26 AM, in article C94DFA73.4AD085%, "Robert
    > Haar" <> wrote:
    >
    > > On 1/5/11 5:01 PM, in article
    > > , "RichA"
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Looks like camera makers are taking this show less and less
    > >> seriously.

    > > The name of the show is Consumer Electronics. Why would you expect
    > > professional grade equipment in any area to be displayed there. In the
    > > digital camera area, Point and Shot models and entry level DSLRs are
    > > what I would expect to see.
    > >
    > > Some companies are choosing to not participate in CES, maybe because
    > > of the dilution of their PR efforts in the sea of unrelated products.
    > >

    > >> I wouldn't want my top offerings
    > >> lumped in with the iPhones of this world.

    > > What are your top offerings in the consumer electronics category?
    > >

    > His shiny fat ass. It even comes with a remote that causes shit to
    > run out both ends of the GI-Tract.

    Now, now, my friends...if we must be so scatological, here's my own
    delightful bit of drollery:

    Whenever "The Incredible Hulk®" suffers a >really< severe case of
    constipation, what does he do?

    Call Roto-Rooter!

    --
    Cordially,