    job at my age(lets say young). I have my Highschool
    diploma. I am just wondering on any advice anyone could
    give me. Thanks
    bob, Nov 20, 2003

  2. bob

    Jonas Wallin Guest

    Hi,

    It's hard to say how long it will take for someone to
    earn their MCSE certification.
    I'd say it's individual.
    It all depends on how much practical and hands-on
    experience you've got.
    Since the MCSE certification includes so many study-areas
    it's not usual that you've got hands-on experience in
    every area.
    It's better to take your time earning the certification
    then just trying to achieve it as fast as possible.
    If you do that it's easier uppgrading your certification
    since you'll remember more, even years after you've
    passed the test.

    About you work-situation.
    Try explorer the ones you know.
    See if they have a pal or a cousin or a friend that works
    in an IT-related job.
    See if they are looking for someone new.
    Say that you're prepared to study hard for your cert.
    degree and earn your way up to success.

    Best of luck!

    Jonas Wallin
    MCP, MCSA(W2k, W2k3 Server);Messaging, MCSE(W2k, W2k3
    Server)
    ********************************'

    Jonas Wallin, Nov 20, 2003

  3. bob

    chris Guest

    I would seriously consider studying something more traditional like going to
    college for busines, accounting or sales/marketing, etc....

    The thing with tech is that it's never-ending, stressful, and you get no
    respect. And do you really want to be on-call ?

    Quality of life greatly diminishes because of being on-call and the pay has
    fallen dreadfully.

    Not to discourage you but that's just my thoughts on the matter, as I am now
    in the process of transitioning OUT of technology.

    chris

    chris, Nov 20, 2003
  4. bob

    Paisleyskye Guest

    How long it will take you to get your MCSE, really depends on you. It
    depends on how fast you learn, and how much you can absorb. Also, you may
    get through it faster if you can get lots of hands-on experience.

    As per finding a job - send out your resume to as many places as you can.
    Get creative, send one to your local schoolboard (somebody must fix their
    computers).
    --
    Paisleyskye
    http://www.icertify.net

    Paisleyskye, Nov 20, 2003
  5. bob

    Jeff Rush Guest

    I would agree with Chris at least as much to STRONGLY SUGGEST that you get
    some schooling behind you. A 4 year degree in Buisness with a minor in CS
    will take you far! It sounds like you are young enough to get the loans and
    scholarships to get in to a decent school. Maybe not harvard but Uof(your
    state) will do nicely.

    Also that way you can take advantage of internships to get experience and
    your foot in the door. Also a lot of people get placed through the college
    placment offices if not direct offers from companies to graduates in the to
    X% of their class.

    Apply yourself now and you will set the stage for the rest of your life.
    Build the strongest base you can and it will serve you well.

    Good Luck!!

    Jeff

    Jeff Rush, Nov 21, 2003